ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential duties and responsibilities include, and are not strictly limited to, the following:
- Serve visitors by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately
- Answer, screen and forward any incoming phone calls while providing basic information when needed
- Receive and sort daily mail/deliveries/couriers
- Maintain security by following procedures and controlling access (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges)
- Update appointment calendars and schedule meetings/appointments
- Will work with enrollment and admissions
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as data entry, scanning, faxing, etc.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Spanish speaking preferred
- Proven work experience in a front office handling receptionist responsibilities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Professional appearance
- Experience with various forms of social media platforms
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
- Ability to organize, multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure
Knowledge and experience with the history, assets and challenges associated with North Lawndale, Pilsen and Little Village.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret graphs. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interests, commissions, proportions and percentages.
Ability to read and comprehend simple to moderately complex instructions, general business correspondence and memos. Possesses excellent interpersonal skills, including a professional and courteous telephone manner. Welcomes input regarding work-related activities. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to supervisors and other employers.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to effectively carry out written or oral instructions in an expedient manner. Capable of recognizing critical events or needs and adjusting deadlines accordingly. Ability to deal with and analyze problems involving several concrete variables in and aside from standardized situations. Promotes the attitudes, conditions and environments that yield increased quality and content of individual and team performance.
Capable of effectively adjusting and coping with change and uncertainty in new situations and environments. Maintains accuracy and focus on detail in difficult situations. Ability to manage multiple tasks and modify objectives as needed. Seeks feedback and is open to coaching and criticism without being defensive.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Terms and Conditions:
- Position is full-time; 40 hours per week
- Some evenings and weekends may be required
Competitive benefit package