Are you an LSW or LPC with at least 2 years of supervisory experience?
Would you describe yourself as an adaptable and reliable leader?
Do you excel in keeping teams on-track and solution-focused?
We are currently in search of a Clinical Supervisor for a social services organization. This is a full-time, permanent assignment based in Far Northern Chicagoland.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Social Services
LOCATION: Far Northern Chicagoland
POSITION TITLE: Clinical Supervisor
DURATION: Full-Time, Permanent
SALARY: 48,000 - 50,000
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Clinical Supervisor is expected to foster a reputation for excellence, responsiveness, conscientious care, accurate and timely reports and paperwork, and building of teamwork in a personable and professional manner at all times. The role reports to the Chief Operating Officer of the organization.
Our client is a social services organization that offers behavioral health services to youth, adults, and families in the Northern Chicagoland area.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 403(b) Plan
- Paid-Time Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays
Our Ideal Candidate:
- LSW or LPC with at least 2 years of supervisory experience required
- Experience with implementing goals, objectives, policies, processes, procedures, and work standards
- Strong background in overseeing and performing complex problem resolution activities
- Previous experience with maintaining and directing the maintenance of accurate records, accounts, and files
- Avid commitment to fostering a team environment
- Ability to successfully implement a strategic plan to increase productivity, revenue, quality, and efficiency of services
- Flexible, adaptable, and a reliable leader
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Arrange and provide as necessary coverage to ensure all scheduled and unscheduled (ex. walk-in) services are provided
- De-escalate situations where clients, staff, or guests are in distress, maintaining a respectful and helpful attitude at all times
- Conduct regular staff meetings, assigning agenda to other staff as needed to ensure meetings occur even in the event of an absence
- Document staff meetings for periodic review and ensure absent staff are informed of important items missed
- Provide supervision for program staff, documenting all formal supervision sessions, as well as informal sessions with important content
- Engage in staff development, helping to identify areas of need for ongoing supervision, further training, and/or corrective action
- Conduct periodic performance appraisals with program staff, documenting progress, areas for improvement, and plans for corrective action
- Collaborate with referral sources, partnering agencies, and other community stakeholders to facilitate ongoing responsiveness to community needs and program quality improvement
- Respond to staff, client, referral source, or other stakeholder feedback, consulting with supervisor as needed, and communicating to supervisor regarding feedback and response
- At all times, assist staff in adjusting and adapting to new policies or procedures, and seek to diffuse any malcontent amongst staff
- Demonstrating a positive and cooperative attitude is imperative in assisting staff to adapt to the evolving needs of the clients, agency, and field
- Conduct case-reviews at request of clients or client attorney of record, reporting findings to supervisor
- Assist in Emergency Preparedness activities, incident report writing, and other reports related to significant incidents
- Monitor staff productivity and engage in problem-solving, corrective action, when staff are under-performing
- Engage in periodic file reviews per the organization’s policy, documenting findings, providing feedback to relevant staff and supervisors, and engaging in corrective action planning as needed to address chronic areas of deficiency
- Ensure program staff adheres to policies and procedures, working with supervisors to determine if additional training or other actions are required to address deviation from these standards
- Follow all policies and procedures outlined in the Clinical Manual, Personnel Manual, and Emergency Preparedness binder, as well as all agency procedures applicable to job function not contained in manuals
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Clinical Supervisor” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.
Follow the employer's instructions to apply for this job.