Seeking full-time degreed accountant for an established Chicago-based non-profit housing agency.
1. Proficient in QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel.
2. Reconcile monthly statements.
3. Log in bank deposits.
4. Write checks.
5. Check validity of invoices/bills.
6. Write/ input letters/ charts/ data.
7. Submit bi-monthly payroll to ADP for processing.
8. Reconcile ADP payroll records and determine what's outstanding.
9. Check balance in payroll accounts to cover checks.
10. File unpaid invoices.
11. Re-calculate bank charges.
12. Produce P&L/ Cash flow reports quarterly.
13. File paid invoices/ receipts.
14. Check validity of invoices/ bills.
15. Set up computerized folders for scanning and receipts.
16. Work with end-of-year auditors (e.g.- prepare work papers).
17. Prepare budgets for new grant applications.
18. Prepare yearly budgets for grant programs funded by the City of Chicago and HUD.
19. Prepare monthly vouchers for grant programs.
20. Prepare and submit City of Chicago and HUD renewal applications.
21. Adjust budgets monthly.
22. Perform City of Chicago and HUD grant management.