Director of Finance & Operations
Family Shelter Service, an agency providing help and hope for victims of domestic violence and their children for 40 years, is looking to hire an experienced Director of Finance & Operations.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Finance & Operations is a member of the senior leadership team. The Director is responsible for overseeing, managing, and administering all aspects of accounting and finance, resale shop operations, facilities, IT, risk management and payroll and benefits. This position is a administrative and operations partner to the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews and approves the preparation and completion of monthly and annual financial reporting and materials.
- Oversee budgeting, financial forecasting, and cash flow for administration, existing programs, and proposed new sites.
- Analyzes, interprets, and projects financial data and recommends changes to improve systems and financial performance.
- Coordinate all audit activities.
- Prepares agendas and other information for the Board Finance Committee and serves as staff liaison.
- Prepares financial data for grant applications and compliance reports as well as works with other areas to ensure organization fulfills governmental grant obligations.
- Oversees payroll, compensation, risk management, workers compensation, and insurance and benefits administration.
- Serve as a business partner to the ED on the organization’s financial, budgeting, and operations administrative processes—including HR, payroll, and benefits functions—with an eye to continuously developing and improving systems.
- Assists staff in developing key performance indicators.
- Works with the IT vendor to design an IT plan for the future, and implement it successfully to meet IT needs (hardware and software) as the organization grows.
- Works with facility management company to ensure facilities are properly maintained.
- Attends board meetings as needed.
- Direct supervisory responsibility of the Finance and Benefits Specialist, Manager of Resale Shop Operations, Administrative Assistant, Administrative Clerk, Client and Donor Data Specialist, and Mail Courier.
- Develops and maintains good relationships with funding agencies, vendors, financial institutions, and community contacts.
- Liaison to the Board Finance Committee.