- A Bachelor’s degree and at least one year of K-12 teaching experience
- Experience working with diverse populations and communities and building relationships across lines of difference
- Some professional experience in issue advocacy, education policy, and/or community /campaign organizing
- Microsoft Excel and database (e.g. SalesForce) experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated track record of influence others to achieve outcomes
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit; one who can work independently to achieve goals after receiving strategic direction
- A dedication to education reform, and an understanding of the hard, sustained work this role requires to achieve those reformsWillingness to travel around the city and region
- Knowledge of the key players and issues impacting the Chicago educational landscape
- Proven track record and ability to organize, plan and execute multiple streams of work, meet deadlines and maintain timely correspondence
- Deep commitment to the values of E4E and passion for students, improving education, and closing the opportunity gap
- A willingness to work outside of normal business hours (e.g., some weekends and evenings), as necessary
Moreover, all E4E staff demonstrate our Core Values:
- Respect and Professionalism: We act with personal responsibility, respect, and commitment to high quality work, to our organization and to each other
- Solutions Orientation: We consistently approach even the most complex challenges with positivity, proactive solutions, and the assumption of best intentions
- Growth Mindset: We intentionally create opportunities to develop ourselves and others in order to learn and continuously improve
- Dynamic Leadership: We courageously take ownership, empower others, set bold visions, think strategically, and adapt to change
- Diversity and Inclusiveness: Educational inequity is linked to race, power, and privilege, and so we take action to shift this paradigm by reflecting on our own identities, creating an inclusive and diverse community, and leveraging our differences as strengths
Benefits & Applying
Educators for Excellence believes in providing employees with benefits to support self-care, wellness, and financial stability. We value the whole person and provide benefits such as; paid time off, health insurance plans, competitive salaries that include pre-tax benefits, and cell phone reimbursements. See more information about our benefits here.
Applications can be addressed to Adam Marshand and Felicia Butts, Senior Outreach Directors, and should include a resume and a cover letter. Please ensure that all materials address relevant experience and your understanding of how this position connects to the overall mission of E4E.
Educators for Excellence is an equal opportunity employer. We predominantly partner with low-income communities of color. Therefore, though race and other legally protected characteristics are never used to make final hiring decisions, we place a particular focus on recruiting staff members who share the backgrounds of our communities.