The Division of Quality, at the nation’s leading advocacy organization for children’s healthcare, seeks a new position to provide project management expertise and support for the dissemination and implementation of clinical recommendations and related activities. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating guideline dissemination activities in alignment with publication, including webinars, presentations of research findings, etc.
- Conducting research and analysis for evidence-based practice guidelines, including assessing existing implementation resources, and developing clinical algorithms, technology assessments, and patient education brochures.
- Assisting with the coordination of AAP guideline subcommittee(s) including planning and facilitating committee agendas and meetings as requested.
- Managing the activities of guideline implementation workgroups including the coordination of conference calls and meeting planning.
- Managing quality improvement and implementation projects aimed to incorporate clinical recommendations at the point of care.
- Providing primary staff support to the Partnership for Policy Implementation (PPI), including coordinating meetings/conference calls, establishing timelines, tracking statements in progress, and overseeing program evaluation.
- Educating committee/section/council members and staff on creating statements reports and guidelines that have clear decision logic and can be easily translated into electronic health records (EHR’s).
- Managing the submission of AAP policy statements and evidence-based practice guidelines to the AHRQ National Guideline Clearinghouse and other directories.
- Maintaining guideline related online resources on Web sites, SharePoint sites, and project work sites.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, epidemiology, education or related discipline required, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience.
- 2-3 years of experience in project management related to health care, quality, education, or research activities required.
- Experience working with clinical guidelines and within a medical association strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office required; Web maintenance software (i.e., SharePoint) experience preferred.
- Must be detail oriented, able to prioritize work and meet deadlines, and be capable of working effectively as a team member.
- Some weekend work and travel required.
To learn more about the organization, see a full job description, and/or apply for the position, please visit https://www.aap.org/employment.