Title: Recruiter -National
Location: San Francisco, CA
Reporting directly to the Senior Director of Talent Acquisition , the Recruiter- National will play an integral role in managing our scouting and recruiting activities and is a contributor to defining our overarching goal to ensure top talent chooses Year Up. The Recruiter drives Year Up’s talent acquisition efforts as our organization continues to grow and current staff advance along career paths. This position will require 10-15% travel to sites within the region to support hiring locally.
As an ideal candidate for this position, you are someone who is relationship-oriented, a fast learner, resourceful, detail-oriented, self-directed, and proactive. You must be flexible to work in a fast-paced, highly interactive and diverse environment. Experience and comfort working via phone and email is critical, as you will remotely support hiring managers across the region.
The Recruiter -National will also have the opportunity to interact with students as a mentor, group facilitator, and advocate, participating in building a positive educational environment.
Recruitment and Scouting
* Manage searches including: developing search strategies to include diverse pipelines of talent, utilizing ATS to track candidates, screen resumes, schedule and hold phone and in-person interviews, compile interviewer feedback, and shepherd the hiring process towards decision and offer status
* Coach and guide managers and leaders through complex and nuanced conversations, as well as key aspects of the recruitment workflow
* Learn and share talent acquisition best practices across the organization
* On occasion, conduct informational interviews, including forwarding candidates to local staff as appropriate
* Provide input to Year Up’s scouting strategy along with other members of the HR team
* Source passive candidates through career sites and social media
* Serve as regional “go to” on recruiting process, guidelines, templates, and tools
* Support and train local search managers on active searches, particularly before search launch
* Interface with talent sources and partner search firms in your region to build stronger candidate pipelines of talent with a focus on priority roles and diversity
* Ensure talent acquisition efforts within the region are in alignment with organizational standards and goals
Site Team/Learning Community Member
* Serve as an advisor/mentor for a small number of current students
* Join and sometimes facilitate weekly group sessions with students
* Participate in staff meetings and trainings
* Minimum of 2-3 years of work experience; 2+ years’ experience in recruiting preferred
* Exceptional networking and relationship-building skill-set and orientation
* Experience with leveraging social media for talent acquisition
* Commitment to diversity and inclusion with the skillsets needed to build, manage, & engage diverse pipelines of talent
* Proven ability to think analytically about requested projects
* Outstanding time management skills, with proven ability to multi-task, accomplishing numerous tasks and changing priorities in an effective and timely manner
* Demonstrated ability to execute on short-term, deadline-driven tasks daily, as well as important, long-term projects requiring collaboration with external constituencies
* Very strong detail orientation required
* Sound judgment and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
* Superb interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
* Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
* A passion for working with urban young adults, an unshakable belief in their potential and a strong commitment to the mission of Year Up
* Understanding of the Opportunity Divide and its drivers
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
* Salary: Competitive and commensurate with education and experience
* Benefits: Competitive package including 100% healthcare coverage, dental, and 401(k) match
* Vacation: Three weeks paid vacation in first year of employment; four weeks after initial year
* Professional development: Funds available to support staff in achieving career objectives
Please visit http://www.yearup.org/careers to learn more about working at Year Up, and to see a list of current opportunities.
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume through our website.
Note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. We respectfully request no phone calls.