Part-Time Counselor (South Barrington)
Who We Are
Caris Pregnancy Counseling & Resources is a faith-based nonprofit organization serving women who are facing unplanned pregnancy. Our mission is to see both women and children thrive during and after unplanned pregnancy. We provide professional counseling and connect women to communities of support using the ProGrace® approach.
We provide our services free of charge. Services include pregnancy tests, ultrasounds, professional counseling, support groups, and connection to resources.
Part-Time Spanish Speaking Counselor Job Summary
Reports to: Director of Programs and Lead Counselor
We are seeking a Part-Time Counselor (16-28 hours) to work afternoon/evening shifts up to 8:00 p.m. Fluency in Spanish required.
Location: South Barrington
A Caris counselor may be asked to work at a different location other than the location stated. We are continually looking to expand our reach and may offer services in new communities in the future.
Caris Counselors must exemplify a committed and consistent walk of Christian faith and dependence on Jesus. They must have a personal calling to ministry as well as the specific mission and vision of Caris. Counselors need to be in alignment with the ProGrace® approach utilized by Caris.
Counselor is responsible for providing professional counseling and support service to clients
- Provide initial intake and assessment
- Utilize a strengths based approach
- Implement all policies, procedures, and decisions set forth by the Board of Directors and the Senior Leadership Team
- Identify client needs and respond with counseling, resources, and follow- up
- Lead a support group as needed
- Build relationships with potential clients, new community partners, church partners, and volunteers
- Maintain positive working relationships with community agencies, churches, businesses, etc. for the purpose of securing client resources
- Actively engage potential clients by being present and knowledgeable of the Caris model
- Represent the organization at events and meetings as needed
General Administrative Responsibilities
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate client documentation for records
- Coordinate effective and timely follow-up of all clients served
- Troubleshoot and mediate jobsite conflicts
- Attend site-specific staff meetings
- Participate in special projects
- Train volunteers on policies and procedures
- Assist in managing group details, volunteer relations, and client baby showers
Qualifications & Experience
Master’s degree in Counseling or Social Work required. Candidates must be proactive, skilled, attuned, highly attentive, engaging with clients, and have solid clinical judgment and decision-making ability. Candidate must exhibit leadership ability, organizational skills, and flexibility. Experience in working with women and/or crisis counseling preferred. A successful candidate must be passionate about our mission, the possibilities of what can be accomplished through our model, and will promote a positive work culture. Must be fluent in Spanish.
Please submit an application at http://www.caris.org/get-involved/careers/ and include your cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, please include the title of the position, explain why you have a desire to work for a Christian nonprofit organization, and specifically, why you feel called to work in the area of unplanned pregnancy.
No phone calls.