Onward Neighborhood House is a family resource center which served the West Town neighborhood of Chicago for over 138 years. Onward Neighborhood House works now to support low income immigrant families and children in Chicago’s Belmont Cragin and surrounding communities. Our mission is to empower families and individuals in need to achieve their full potential in a community based setting through educational, recreational and social service programs.
We offer early childhood education services, after school programs and adult education services including a computer lab. We are currently seeking a temporary part-time receptionist. If you are a qualified, motivated individual, and would like to join our exciting and expanding organization, Onward Neighborhood House is the place for you. Please do not miss out on this great employment opportunity-apply now!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Under the supervision of the Director of Early Childhood Education, receptionist maintains the image of the agency to clients and to the public through his/her responsibility for greeting and directing all visitors either in person or on the phone.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintains a warm and friendly manner in greeting guests and visitors.
2. Maintains an open channel of communication to all visitors and telephone calls, directing them to appropriate parties.
3. Maintains up-to-date information on agency programs and procedures.
4. Provides relevant verbal and written agency information to staff, parents, and public as directed.
5. Observes the confidential nature of the agency's service to its clients.
6. Reflects agency image in appropriate manner, behavior and dress.
7. Distributes mail, verbal and written messages.
8. Records required information.
9. Attends regular supervisory sessions with supervisor.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.