Math OR Science Teacher (External Applicants Only)
Submit your resume today: https://platform.teachermatch.org/applyteacherjob.do?jobId=39441&tag=npo
Start Date: 2017/2018 School Year
Submit your resume to be considered for possible Math or Science teaching opportunities within our network of 13 elementary schools and 3 high schools for the 2017/2018 school year! UCSN offers Science courses in Biology, Physics, Environmental Science, Chemistry and Middle School Science. UCSN offers Math courses in Calculus, Algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry and Middle School Math.
Join a dynamic team of student-focused educator and innovator. We are:
- 3 of the top 5 charter elementary schools in the City of Chicago (Chicago Magazine, 2016)
- Top-Tier: an all-time high of seven UCSN schools ranked at level 1+ by Chicago Public Schools rating system last year
- Illinois Teacher of the Year Award Finalist (ISBE, 2016)
UCSN Math and Science Teachers are unique in that they realize success is built on relationships. They focus their work on student learning. Furthermore, they whole-heartedly believe that all students can learn and demonstrate that by engaging principles of distributed leadership and distributed counseling. UCSN expects that all adults understand that it is everyone’s responsibility to develop students, both personally and academically.
UCSN Math and Science Teachers know that they are responsible for the academic growth of their students, and they are willing to do whatever it takes to ensure success.
Math and Science Teachers at UCSN lead the curriculum, instruction, and assessment for students to which they are assigned. They relentlessly pursue student growth and achievement through diligent planning, careful instructional execution, and on-going collaboration with colleagues and the school leadership team.
- Teaching Staff minimum starting salary of $50,160 for the 2017/2018 school year
- 10-month employees with 12-month salary pay
- Low- deductible medical, dental and vision coverage
- Paid leave days and holidays
- Ability to participate in Chicago Teachers Pension Fund, 401k and commuters savings
- Positive family and community relationships established by our school teams
- Paid breaks in Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate the academic progress of students under his/her leadership and articulate the methods used to achieve those results
- Must possess valid Illinois Professional Education License (PEL) or equivalent
- Must possess valid Illinois Math or Science endorsement or equivalent in grade level of interest