This position is responsible for overall case management through implementation and facilitation of rehabilitation services for assigned individuals and documentation of all related activities. This position is also responsible for providing community support services off site to consumers and documentation of all related activities. The PSR Casemanager must ensure integration of service planning and provision of services through the involvement of the individual, family, the residential services provider, and other involved persons including agency staff and referral sources, as outlined in agency policy, Rule 132, and in accordance with recovery philosophy.
As with all Community Mental Health and Counseling Services staff, this position is also responsible for promoting a recovery-oriented environment that reflects the needs of the individuals served, the staff providing services, and the mission of the organization. In addition, this position fulfills needed functions on the team.
Community Mental Health and Counseling services are delivered both at the facility and off site in community settings, with individual consumers or groups of consumers, assisting consumers to achieve personal recovery goals. Staff utilizes Sertoma vehicles, PACE vehicles, or their privately owned vehicles to provide services in community settings.
* Bachelor's Degree in Human Services related field.
* Minimum of one year experience working with individuals with psychiatric disorders preferred.
* One year case management experience preferred.
* Knowledge and experience with the documentation and billing process for Medicaid community mental health services (Rule 132) preferred.
* Knowledge and experience with pre-authorization/re-authorization for services preferred.
* Effective communication skills, both written and oral.
* Effective organizational skills.
* Experience with mental health services community resource networking preferred.
* Valid Illinois driver's license with a good driving record and car available. Eligible for and completion of certification process to drive PACE vehicles.
* Must be willing to work evenings/weekend hours as necessary.
* Proficiency in the use of computers and working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook applications, with good typing skills.