The Women`s Treatment Center, a not-for-profit woman`s substance abuse treatment center in the Chicago on the near west-side, is seeking an experienced Grant Writer.
This position which reports to the Executive Director will write federal and foundation grants, as well as assist with expanded funding of The Women's Treatment Center.
Responsibilities include foundation and federal grant research and writing, including government funders. Candidate will be a highly motivated and creative individual to provide a strategic, visionary leadership, with a proven track record in effective federal grant writing and a firm commitment and passion for the mission, quality community care and excellent service of The Women's Treatment Center.
Candidate shall possess the ability to be a self-starter and not be afraid to do hands on work to get the job done right.
The Women`s Treatment Center offers a competitive salary and excellent benefit package, which includes medical, dental and life insurance and 401K.
1. Candidate shall possess a Bachelor's degree.
2. Candidate shall present with a 3-5 years progressively responsible experience or experience in a senior level federal grant writing position.
3. Candidate shall present the excellent writing skills to produce effective grant proposals.
4. Candidate shall possess strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies.
5. Candidate shall possess exceptional written/verbal communication and computer skills coupled with an open, honest and respectful communication style.
Experience in healthcare sector preferred.
Hands-on experience proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite preferred.