Young Naperville Singers (YNS) has a rich history that began in 1984 and today our growing organization is composed of nine ability-based choirs, with over 360 boys and girls participating, grades 1 to 12. Through world-class vocal instruction and diverse musical opportunities, YNS provides a unique educational and cultural experience for our members and surrounding community.
We are seeking an Executive Director with a passion for youth choral music and the expertise to further grow our organization. The incoming Executive Director will report to the Board of Directors and work with the Artistic Director, Board, and Staff to achieve our growth plans and determine new possibilities.
The Executive Director has overall responsibility for YNS’s strategy and operations, fund development, and community outreach, and marketing.
Strategic Planning and Operations
- Partner with the Artistic Director, Board of Directors and staff in creating, executing, and monitoring short term and long term strategic and operational plans in support of the organization’s mission and vision.
- Oversee the efficient and effective operations of YNS, including the hiring, evaluation, and retention of office personnel.
- Oversee the organization’s policies and procedures and recommend changes as necessary.
- Partner with the Board Treasurer, Artistic Director, and Choir Administrator to prepare a comprehensive budget, monitor closely with monthly projections and anticipate potential shortfalls.
- Attend monthly Board meetings and prepare a monthly report of recent activity.
- Participate with the Board to develop, coordinate and execute a Fund Development plan that includes grants, corporate sponsorships, donor cultivation, events, general and tour fundraising, foundations, and new sources of funding.
Community Outreach and Marketing
- Be a spokesperson and advocate for YNS within the organization, with peers, in the greater community, and media (e.g., represent YNS at community, civic, and charity functions).
- Create, maintain, and evaluate the annual marketing plan and public relations campaign in line with the organization’s strategic plan.