Manager of Community Programs The Manager of Community Programs is responsible for the development and implementation of the caregiver, adult protective services, health promotion & disease prevention, and related Older Americans Act programs. The manager is also responsible for several AgeOptions signature programs including Caring Together, Living Better, iFAST and Illinois Pathways to Health. This person serves as a member of the Management Team and supports professional staff members assigned to the Community Programs Unit.
What you will do in This Role
- Manage and provide exceptional support for three high preforming Program Coordinators and the teams responsible for Caregiver, Elder and Disability Rights and evidenced based health promotion and disease prevention programs within the agency.
- Actively communicate and collaborate across the organization at all levels to share information and problem solve when issues arise.
- Increases resources for the sustainability of programs by partnering with team members to write grants and collaborates to develop fee based and corporate support.
- Be an ambassador for AgeOptions at events, meetings and professional associations and organizations. Participate on AgeOptions Advisory Council and in other groups, as appropriate.
- Plan and manage budgets for assigned programs with assistance from Finance.
- Support the effective development and implementation of new programs and/or program changes, as appropriate.
- Provide direction and feedback on program standards, funding levels, reporting requirements, training curricula, and marketing materials.
What You Will Need for This Role:
- Master’s Degree in Social Services, Planning or related field with two years related experience, or Bachelor’s degree and four plus years related experience including supervisory/management experience preferred. An MSW is a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills. Ability to prepare written reports, grant applications and position papers.
- Strong Problem solving skills and “on the fly” strategic thinking.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs, including spreadsheets, databases.
- Strong technical, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to regularly accommodate local travel around suburban Cook County, IL and on an occasional basis statewide and national travel to conferences.
- Ability to Obtain Adult Protective Services caseworker and supervisor certification and Ombudsman Level 1 certification.
- Experience with aging programs strongly preferred. Direct service experience with older adults, families, caregivers and diverse populations is a plus.
AgeOptions innovates, partners, and advocates to improve systems and services in order to strengthen communities so people thrive as they age. AgeOptions is recognized nationally as a leader in developing and helping to deliver innovative community-based resources and options to older populations through our network of community agencies. Over 130,000 people are served annually. AgeOptions receives federal, state, corporate, foundation, and individual charitable contributions.
Our offices are conveniently located in downtown Oak Park near the Lake Street L Green line and Union Pacific west Metra train station. We offer a casual work environment with competitive salaries and strong benefit packages. To learn more about what we do, please visit our website at: www.ageoptions.org.
Have a Desire to join our team?
Interested persons please submit resume and cover letter. PLEASE PUT MANAGER OF COMMUNITY PROGS IN EMAIL HEADER.
AgeOptions is an Equal Opportunity Employer, MFDV, older persons encouraged to apply. Please include salary history. No phone calls please.