NPH USA is dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty in Latin America and the Caribbean by supporting the Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos network of homes for orphaned, abandoned and disadvantaged children. We provide a loving family, security, education, health care, and leadership development opportunities to children in nine countries.
The Development Coordinator’s primary role is to support the Regional Development Team in their goals to increase the current level of giving from existing donors and secure giving from new donors for NPH. Additionally, the Development Coordinator is expected to engage in some development activities of their own – through a variety of approaches (event fundraising, child sponsorship drives, associate board events, third party events) – under the oversight of the Regional Director. The Development Coordinator will also be expected to cultivate a portfolio of existing donors as well as to initiate efforts to attract new donors to support NPH’s mission.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
Manage donor relationships to raise unrestricted funds for NPH (35%)
- Increase the annual giving of the assigned donor portfolio to achieve fundraising targets using a combination of individual gifts, event donations and child sponsorships.
- Set up face-to-face meetings and regularly correspond with portfolio donors to build relationships and to discuss their annual giving.
- Identify and cultivate new donors previously unaware of NPH.
- Increase local awareness of NPH by actively engaging other organizations (i.e. service organizations, schools, parishes, etc.) through speaking opportunities, travel, etc.
Event Support and Follow-up (35%)
- Provide support for the Regional Staff before, during and after events to assure that the events are successful and that event attendees are followed up with according to plan.
- Work with event committees to assist with event planning details as directed by Regional Staff.
- Lead the event planning, execution and follow-up on some of the Region’s smaller events.
- Assist with post-event communication process (i.e. thank you notes, calls, emails, etc.) to assure that we have followed up with all event attendees.
Administrative / Volunteer Coordination (30%)
- Recruit and manage local volunteers as needed to support regional team.
- Answer incoming phone calls for office.
- Monitor / order office supplies and marketing materials for regional office.
- Manage relationships with and payment of office vendors.
- Facilitate receipt and correct processing of incoming gifts.
- Input donor information in Salesforce.com and serve as local expert on the database, regularly running reports and creating campaigns.
- Coordinate in-house mailings to donors as needed.
- Prepare materials for Regional Board and Associate Board.
- Track administrative details and provide office support for donor trips.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements / Other
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- Minimum of 1 – 2 years of previous development/fundraising/sales experience.
- Self-motivated, ability to develop a cultivation plan and see it through to completion with minimal oversight.
- Excellent relationship building and communication (oral and written) skills. Some type of previous donor/customer/client service experience required.
- Previous experience supporting events preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to work effectively with a team-driven, mission-oriented business.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with ability to juggle multiple priorities and pay close attention to details.
- Passion for the mission of NPH and for the development profession.
- Spanish fluency is a plus.
- Compensation commensurate with previous experience and achievement of targets. Bonus eligible based on giving targets for both existing and new donors.
The Development Coordinator reports to the Regional Director, who reports to the VP of Development. This role supports much of the work initiated by the Development Managers and Regional Director. Total staff size of national organization is approximately 30; local team size is three.
How to Apply?
Send resume and cover letter to the recruiting email below. Please no phone calls or outside agencies. NPH USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage applicants from all backgrounds.