Responsible for handling maintenance of facilities, including preventive maintenance and urgent repairs. Performs general housekeeping, janitorial, maintenance and grounds keeping for a local nonprofit organization. Completes a variety of facility tasks and provides assistance to management regarding facility situations, including snow removal, landscaping.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(These include but are not limited to the following. The company reserves the right to add to, delete, change or modify the essential duties and responsibilities at any time.)
1. Adhere to the daily Maintenance Checklist for your specific site and assigned time.
2. Oversees clearing of snow and ice from parking lots, entrances and sidewalks to ensure safety of visitors, students, families, pedestrians and vehicular traffic.
3. Monitors the proper functionality of all equipment used at the site and coordinates with management for the maintenance and repair of equipment.
4. Monitors boiler and performs required tests and keep required logs for compliance.
5. Ensures all tools and equipment are properly stored and organized.
6. Participates in special facility projects.
7. Works with the Site Director in planning and executing on-going building maintenance and improvements.
8. Provides input and ideas on plans for changes or improvements to the physical aspects of the classrooms or building.
9. Emptying garbage from all classrooms, offices meeting rooms, kitchen, bathrooms, indoor play area and playground on a daily basis.
10. Sweeping and mops floors daily. Classrooms, bathrooms, halls, offices, kitchen, etc.
11. Plans for stripping and waxing floors as needed.
12. Vacuum carpeted areas and rugs on a daily basis.
13. Arranges for shampooing of carpets and rugs as needed.
14. Keep the surrounding areas of the building clean and safe.
15. Replace soap and paper goods (towels, tissues) in classrooms, bathrooms and kitchen on a daily basis.
16. Sets up and takes down equipment as needed for meetings.
17. Place orders for supplies, restocks and maintains cleaning supplies such as mop heads, paper towels, toilet paper, and kitchen on a daily basis.
18. Ensures the building is kept clean and maintained both interior and exterior.
19. Sweep outdoor areas raking leaves and putting down salt.
20. Sweep and remove all visible debris from outside environment.
21. Picks up and delivers items and equipment as needed.
22. Other duties as assigned by the Child Development Program Director or Site Director.
23. Does a walk through the building and checks all doors are close and alarm is set up.
24. Runs reports and fill in all compliance logs.
25. Does basic repairs of electrical and plumbing projects.
26. OTHER FUNCTIONS: The Company may assign other functions to the job