DOING THE MOST GOOD
Do you want to use your skills and talents to make a lasting difference in the world? The Salvation Army is the fourth largest charity in the United States and is an international organization based on Biblical principles created to help people in need. We are mission-driven, diverse, collaborative, and focused on positive results for people. Join us in making a difference.
Social Service Manager
To support the full mission of The Salvation Army by providing compassionate, professional service to the families residing at the Lodge and the community in a team-focused manner with the entire Lodge staff.
Social Service and client needs are identified and maintained in a way that complies with policy, procedures and mandate.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Program Administration
- Supervise the intake process, ensuring appropriate clients are permitted into the program, while keeping the program operating at full capacity.
- Supervise case management by providing weekly case reviews, case plan reviews and file reviews. Provide recommendations and feedback regarding case planning and client participation.
- Supervise direct care services, including referrals for permanent housing, substance abuse counseling, mental health counseling, medical care, school enrollment for children, general activities, and other identified services specific to the needs of a client.
- Maintain program statistics, review data provided by social service staff and submit reports in a timely fashion.
- Work with the Administration Coordinator in planning and implementing staff training schedule and volunteers for social services.
- Participate in hiring decisions, evaluate staff performance, and make recommendations to the Director as needed.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures for the social services department in collaboration with the Director.
- Maintain and supervise the program during an Emergency. Contact 911 as needed to immediately address any crisis situation. Contact Director and
- provide detailed information regarding the critical event.
- Community Relations
- Participate in professional, community, and government committees and activities as identified.
- Other Duties
- Attend staff meetings as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
Master's degree in social services, social work preferred.
An interest in homelessness and with a minimum of 5 years in staff supervision.
A commitment to uphold and promote the mission of the Salvation Army and an appreciation of faith-based service organizations.
An interpersonal style that is service oriented and supportive of the other departments in the facility.
A flexible style that also displays a willingness to learn.
An excellent attention to detail, procedures, processes and policies.
A demonstrated ability to manage projects to completion, priorities and programs in a constantly changing environment.
A communication and management style that exhibits the principles and values of the Army as well as fosters team relationships and effectively communicates information.
A thorough knowledge homelessness as it relates to families and seniors, and government-funded programs.
An understanding of residential program operations.
Knowledge on how to effectively work with diversity in the workplace and provide constructive and supportive supervision and human resources.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
This position is required to do light physical work. In order to successfully perform the essential functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to use standard office equipment and a PC. The work environment for this position is a residential environment with a low to moderate noise level. Must be able to work with clients that have poor social skills, suffer from mental illness, and have substance abuse problems.
Grade Level: Exempt Full-TIme Location: Evangeline Booth Lodge
To apply, complete the online application.