Title: Men’s Interim Housing Shelter Case Manager
FSLA: Exempt (Full-time; 40 hours per week)
Location: 402 N. St. Louis Avenue Chicago, IL 60624
We Are Breakthrough-Adult Service Network
Breakthrough offers a new model for homeless services. We are intentional about treating every person in need with dignity and respect, so they receive much more than a bed to sleep in—they receive the tools necessary to achieve self-sufficiency.
Breakthrough’s men's and women's transitional housing shelters first aim to meet immediate needs of food and shelter through our kitchens, on-site laundry and showers. Guests then receive on-site primary and mental health care, employment training, and housing search assistance and placement.
Demonstrating the mission and vision of Breakthrough Urban Ministries, the Case Manager works closely with program participants to assess barriers to self-sufficiency, establish individual service plans, link participants to relevant resources, and monitor progress and needs while maintaining a supportive, relationship based focus. The incumbent accepts the responsibilities and fulfill the obligations as outlined in the position description.
The Men’s Shelter Case Manager’s responsibilities includes but is not limited to:
- Provide case management to participants as assigned. Case management will involve, screening, intake, assessment, service plan development, monitoring, linkage to appropriate resources, follow up and tracking.
- Assist participants with completing lease agreements and obtaining other supportive documents such as identification, social security card, etc.
- Attend Case Management Meetings to collaborate with other Service Coordinators and Interim Housing Team members in order to assist with the ongoing development of the participant’s service plan
- Maintain client files which include thorough and complete records of participant’s activity/progress with appropriate supporting documentation
- Enter participant information into the database in a timely matter and update as needed in accordance with HMIS and Breakthrough Urban Ministries established guidelines.
- Prepare and submit reports to supervisor as required
- Attend all required staff meetings and development sessions
- Facilitate and coordinate supportive activities with other program staff to encourage spiritual, professional and emotional growth.
- Attend appropriate training, workshops, community resource meetings, etc. as they are available
Submit cover letter and resume .
We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. Breakthrough is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factors. If a reasonable accommodation is needed for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact us via the telephone number listed above. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.