Director of Property Management
Chief Real Estate Development Officer
Organization General Description
After 25 years and an initial seed capital of $30,000 from area parishes, The Resurrection Project (TRP) has grown to become a powerful and effective social enterprise that seamlessly blends community development, community organizing, and advocacy with human service delivery to create vibrant, healthier, and involved communities. Our efforts have resulted in leveraging over $431 million in community investment.
The purpose of the Property Management division is to manage and protect the real property that TRP owns, manages, or facilitates in complete compliance with all requirements of the property and its funding sources. The management portfolio includes affordable and market-rate residential housing, a 100-bed undergraduate student dormitory, a homeless shelter, four community facilities (two family day care centers, a college resource center, and a senior center), TRP offices, and four retail spaces.
General Job Description
The Director of Property Management will oversee the day-to-day management of assets and staff of TRP’s Property Management and Maintenance departments to maximize value of TRP’s real estate portfolio. The position will provide direction and oversight to the Property Management team including the Maintenance staff, be responsible for occupancy, turnover, work order completion, and coordinate with other internal departments on issues such as budgeting, expense monitoring, contract implementation.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the overall division budget, staff, facilities, materials and equipment, and other assets to ensure responsible controls and utilization of TRP resources.
- Develop and supervise assigned staff, including recruitment and selection; scheduling and job assignments; counseling/coaching; development and training; performance evaluation; and recommending salary, disciplinary and other personnel actions in accord with relevant policies and procedures.
- Establish best business practices and assessing the resources necessary for daily operations, including among others, rent collections, leasing, marketing, financial review, maintenance, and reporting. This assessment will also be mindful of the future growth objectives of the organization.
- Build long-term knowledgeable and trusting relationships with neighborhood partners including community leaders and organizers, property owners and lessees, developers and managing agents, commerce, religious institutions, and financial partners.
- Supervise a staff including the Property Managers, Compliance Manager, Occupancy Specialist, and maintenance staff in day-to-day and strategic operations.
- Set and ensure adherence to property budgets and profit goals.
- Update operating procedures for all functional roles.
- Collaborate with other TRP departments to insure high level of customer service is provided to tenants.
- Provide monthly operating reports measuring occupancy, waitlist, vacancies, NOI, capital expenditures, and overall financial performance in collaboration with the Financial Analyst.
- Develop and propose company capital expenditure planning priorities and ongoing maintenance programs in partnership with Real Estate Development and the Financial Analyst.
- Review all monthly physical and financial reports with the Chief Real Estate Development Officer (CREDO), Vice President of Property Management, and Financial Analyst. Work with the CREDO, Vice President of Property Management and Financial Analyst to develop a course of action to address required expenditures which were not budgeted or which would bring a project over budget.
- Works closely with the Real Estate Development division to develop new property management plans for new properties.
- Develop a collaborative, team environment with strong communication and problem-solving capabilities.
- Recommend salary adjustments and promotions of personnel.
- Submit all required internal and external reports. Attend and participate in required organizational programs, board, committee and staff meetings.
- Analyze and recommend new property acquisitions and potential new development while working in close collaboration with Real Estate Development.
- Maintain required job skills and core professional competencies.
- Develop and maintain a property management network with community organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Achievement of positive cash flow on all portfolio properties.
- Effective, consistent execution of supervision responsibilities, including coaching, mentoring, evaluation, training, and development.
- Effective management of assigned division budget.
- Effective, strategic development of relationships with peers, leaders, and partners.
- Cultivate, manage, and expand relationships with TRP member institutions, leaders, and partners to promote TRP's rental goals and organizational mission.
- Active participation in required staff and community development meetings and programs, with the ability to speak of a demonstrated understanding of market conditions and trends.
- Achievement of annual housing and commercial development production goals.
- Effective management of housing and commercial development resources.
- Timely, quality production of financial evaluation tools, operational budgets, and other documents.
- Accurate and effective communication with TRP staff, partners, and clients.
- Effective coordination with other department members to achieve organization goals.
- Effective, consistent execution of day-to-day responsibilities.
- Timely production of financial analysis, feasibility studies, pro formas, and operating budgets.