IFF improves the world by strengthening nonprofits and the communities they serve. As a mission-driven lender, real estate consultant, and developer, IFF helps communities thrive by creating opportunities for low-income communities and persons with disabilities. Key to our success has been a deep sense of purpose, a broad perspective, and a relentless focus on achieving positive results. Across the Midwest, we help clients from every sector, including human service agencies, health centers, schools, affordable housing developers, and grocery stores.
Staff contributes its extensive business experience with an unrivaled connection to the mission of IFF and the nonprofit clients it serves. IFF is looking for candidates with a commitment to the work it does and can demonstrate their creativity, detail-orientation, diligence, efficiency, enthusiasm, flexibility, organization, thoughtfulness, and sense of humor.
Basic Job Function
Provides leadership and management of loan origination programs and staff. Work with SVP Capital Solutions and Lending staff across Midwest region to develop products and programs and to execute on business development and loan production activities. Responsible for setting lending and program goals and supporting the sourcing, approval and closing of loans to target market borrowers. Develops and maintains visibility and relationships with nonprofits and relevant government, association networks, and others stakeholders to promote IFF.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership and management of the loan origination programs and staff to set and meet IFF’s lending business goals.
- Working with Regional Executive Directors, hire, train, and support marketplace and sector Lenders to target, source, evaluate and approve new business opportunities.
- Manage lending staff across Midwest region with expectation for regular travel to best mentor staff.
- In coordination with lending staff, develop and maintain a pipeline of business to support lending goals and program commitments.
- Guide Lenders in the prescreening, underwriting structuring and presentation of loans to loan approval committees.
- Work with Regional Executive Directors and Lenders on programs, products and new lending initiatives to ensure effective marketplace execution and high level of customer satisfaction.
- Develop relationships as appropriate with significant existing and potential borrowers to develop market knowledge and promote IFF’s programs.
- Work with Managing Director Portfolio Management to ensure successful customer relationships and coordinated communications.
- Develops new lending programs and products to expand IFF’s capital investment opportunities and capacity.
- Work closely with Regional Managers and Lenders to identify and explore opportunities for new initiatives or product/program enhancements.
- Support Finance and Resource Development with IFF applications for new programs and funding from Treasury, foundations, investors and other funding sources.
- Coordinate as necessary within IFF to ensure that new programs and initiatives are fully developed for effective and successful implementation.
- Collaborate with Senior Director of Structured Finance, Community Development Initiatives and RES staff to develop and execute on comprehensive solutions, initiatives or programs requiring loan capital and/or lender resources.
- In coordination with the SVP-CapSol and Portfolio Management staff, supports the financial and risk goals of IFF’s Lending and capital investment business.
- Identify product or programmatic opportunities to meet the needs of IFF target market customers and communities.
- Ensure new products and programs incorporate the appropriate risk criteria and capital investment parameters.
- Participate as a voting member of IFF’s internal credit committee and assess risks, mitigants and optimal structuring of individual loan requests.
- Represents IFF at conferences, seminars, presentations and other events to support overall IFF goals, programs and visibility. Work with other IFF staff to support and coordinate implementation of special IFF initiatives.
- Maintains required job knowledge and skills and core professional competencies. Attend and participate in required educational programs and staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Achievement of IFF lending and program goals.
- Expanded origination of high performing loans that meet the needs within the market places/sectors establishing IFF as a provider of choice.
- High level of customer satisfaction with IFF products and services.
- Leadership in establishing IFF as a full partner to the nonprofit sector.
- Identifies and recommends solutions to opportunities and issues relating to loan program implementation.
- Full participation and cooperation with other IFF teams including CDI and RES to support broader IFF business objectives.