Concordia Place is a non-profit organization that is recognized for our high-quality professional child care with a mission to "create involved communities where all our neighbors can gather, learn, and grow." We provide a place where varied economic, ethnic, racial, and faith backgrounds come together in an atmosphere of mutual appreciation and respect. We offer quality NAEYC accredited childcare programs, teen leadership programs, adult education, senior activities, and intergenerational programs. Concordia Place is accepting resumes for a Business Manager position.
The Business Manager oversees the supervision and management of business and support service activities of Concordia Place. This includes establishing and maintaining accounting procedures, fiscal reporting methods, procedures for payment of invoices and other expense vouchers, and other related activities. Responsibilities also include supervision of other business functions such as supply, procurement and IT.
- Maintain the computerized financial system and chart of accounts
- Account reconciliation and analysis: prepaid expenses, deposits, accrued expenses, investments, budget variances, etc.
- Manage accounts payable, ensuring vendor invoices are recorded accurately and payment is processed on time
- Journal Entries including maintenance of recurring journal entries and allocations
- Coordinate and execute the month-end close
- Plan, coordinate and execute annual financial audit
- Assist in the compilation of information for the annual tax returns
- Manage organization credit card accounts and ensure timely reconciliations
- Prepare and distribute organizational financial statements to appropriate staff.
- Work with management team to monitor expenditures against budgets
- Identify, investigate, and analyze potential operational improvement. As appropriate, based on findings make proposal for operational changes (policy, procedures, processes, etc.)
- Act as technology administrator and support operations of computers, technology and office equipment
- Manage IT vendor agreement to ensure efficient back office IT operations
- Establish and maintain vendor accounts; including ordering and purchasing supplies and equipment for designated areas
- Maintain organizational security systems. Issue security credentials for staff and parents.
- Provide council on larger purchases against cash flow
- Solicit and evaluate business insurance policies. Liaison with insurance agent. Process all renewals and assist in liability/property claims.
- Organize and maintain appropriate financial, and IT electronic documents and files.
- Oversee and enforce organizational recordkeeping and retention policies.
- Ensure physical files, documents, databases and computer systems enable effective communication across the sites and programs
- Provide full scope accounting services for Concordia Lutheran Church including: bookkeeping, A/P, general ledger and preparation of financial reports for Church leadership
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Skills
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in accounting position for a nonprofit organization with a $5M budget or more
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in accounting or other financial degree
- Experience with general ledger, A/P, A/R; able to manage and project cash flow
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive financial and personal information
- Balance multiple tasks and set priorities
- Detailed oriented
- Proficient skills in Blackbaud, Shepherd’s Staff, Microsoft Office
- Experience managing technology and other security and office systems
Concordia offers excellent salaries, medical and dental benefits, 403(b) retirement savings, life insurance, and paid time off (personal time, vacation and holidays). We are an equal opportunity employer. Please submit a resume to apply.