Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Education: High School diploma, some college preferred.
- Experience: Prefer a minimum of two (2) years office/clerical experience.
- Training: General clerical skills; 40-hour Domestic Violence training required; may be obtained after hire. Understands domestic violence dynamics, impacts of trauma, and FSS services.
- Technical: Typing of 50 words per minute.
- Social Skills: Must be able to function well with minimal supervision.
- Leadership: Must demonstrate professionalism, flexibility, good judgment and commitment to teamwork.
- Must have privately owned vehicle, valid driver’s license, good driving record, and liability insurance.
- Must be able to operate general office equipment.
- Must be able to communicate with people on the telephone.
- Must be a notary or be willing to obtain designation.
- Must have 40 hour domestic violence training or complete training upon hire.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs, bend, sit and stand for periods of time.
Located in Wheaton, Illinois, Family Shelter Service offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision, flexible work schedule and the opportunity to participate in the 403(b) retirement program.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and your resume.
For more information about Family Shelter Service visit our website at: www.familyshelterservice.org
Family Shelter Service is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability.