About the Chicagoland Workforce Funder Alliance
The Chicagoland Workforce Funder Alliance is the region’s workforce development funder collaborative. It brings together over a dozen foundations and corporate funders around a shared mission to collaborate with employers and other workforce stakeholders to increase employment, earnings and racial equity for underprepared workers in the region. The Funder Alliance advances this mission by funding, promoting and/or leading strategic initiatives designed to achieve different forms of systems change.
The Program Director of Reimagine Retail Chicago will lead a new strategic initiative focused on systems change in the retail sector. The position will lead an initiative that brings together at least 7 external partners including: The Chicago Cook Workforce Partnership, Instituto del Progreso Latino, Thrive Chicago, National ABLE, Youth Job Center, LISC Chicago and Women Employed. The Program Director of Reimagine Retail Chicago will strengthen the efforts of the Reimagine Retail Chicago Initiative through greater collaboration and greater coordination, especially with employers.
The position is employed by and housed at The Chicago Community Trust. Service is the heart of the Chicago Community Trust. The Trust believes that each employee represents the Trust’s commitment to service and plays an essential role to deliver on our mission to lead and inspire collective philanthropy that measurably improves the quality of life and prosperity in our region.
As the face and leader of an innovative, regional initiative the Program Director - Reimagine Retail Chicago will promote the Reimagine Retail Chicago brand, and execute the following activities:
- Serve as the central point of contact and convener of the various retail projects underway (about 8 projects). They will stay up-to-date on all of the projects’ activities, their value propositions to employers, the employers they are working with or reaching out to, the challenges the projects are encountering and the lessons they are learning.
- Identify the synergies and potential connections across projects and facilitate those connections and lesson sharing in real time. They will develop a Chicago Retail Community of Practice as a shared learning community focused on the retail sector.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive strategy to achieve a high-level of synchronization across projects including some cadence and consistent amount of convening of the Chicago Retail Community of Practice members.
- Streamline communication to employers across the community of practice and build consensus around a unifying strategy with which to engage retail employers with all of the retail work as a whole.
- Develop the brand of “Reimagine Retail Chicago” and plan and implement an accompanying marketing campaign.
- Develop a unified value-proposition to employers (a shared “menu of engagement”), and shape its presentation to retail employer partners.
- Identify and implement the right amount of physical or virtual convening of retail employers, especially when such convening can advance numerous partners’ projects at once.
National Partner Coordination
- Serve as a principal point of contact for the Funder Alliance and for the Chicago Retail Community of Practice to their main national network partners, including: The Aspen Institute’s Reimagine Retail national learning community, Hope Street Group’s Walmart Retail Community of Practice and the Walmart Foundation itself.
- Responsible for national partner communications and coordination as appropriate, including national conference calls, national convenings, grantee reporting and contributions to national evaluation activities.