Do you identify as a go-getter with an interest in donor relations?
Do you have 1-2 years development experience in a philanthropic environment?
Are you excited by prospect research and donor cultivation?
Are you a strategic thinker team-player?
We are currently in search of a Senior Development Associate for a Higher Education Institution. The position is based in Chicago, IL. This is a permanent, full-time assignment.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Higher Education Institution
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
POSITION TITLE: Senior Development Associate
SALARY: $50,000 - 55,000
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Senior Development Associate assists the major gifts team in identifying and qualifying prospective donors. He or she will prioritize prospective donors and also participates in outreach events. The Senior Development Associate builds and manages a portfolio and strategizes on how to keep donors involved. He or she manages correspondence with donors and assists team members with donor cultivation activities. The Senior Development Associate researches and prepares stewardship reports and assists with business planning. This role reports to the Director and Campaign Director of Individual Giving. Our client is a well–organized, prestigious university in the Chicagoland area. It is heavily metrics driven with a wide range of groundbreaking research and academic programs.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years experience in development, experience with major gift solicitation and portfolio management strongly preferred
- 5+ years experience, preferably in a philanthropic, complex environment
- BA/BS degree
- Go-getter, driven and strategic, forward thinker
- Strong ability to learn development databases, experience with Word, Excel and Active Planner, preferred
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, high degree of initiative
- Strong work ethic and professionalism, ability to work with multiple teams and personalities
- Familiarity working with high-level staff members and donors
- Must be able to travel and attend evening and weekends events as necessary
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Managing various responsibilities for a large campaign
- Facilitating and managing fundraising activities for 2 supervisors
- Coordinating strategic interactions in regards to soliciting and stewarding major gift donors
- Planning logistics for fundraiser visits and meetings with perspective donors, prepares documents for donor solicitation and recognition
- Managing timelines, writing proposals for various audiences, acknowledgements and cultivation letters
- Managing a portfolio of existing major gift and prospective donors
- Performing prospect research, assists Donor Relations team
- Utilizing and managing a donor database, assisting with donor visits when appropriate
- Assisting other team members with strategy and may solicit gifts up to $50K
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume with “Senior Development Associate” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.