Girls Inc. inspires all girls to be strong, smart, and bold. Our comprehensive approach to whole girl development equips girls to navigate gender, economic, and social barriers and grow up healthy, educated, and independent. These positive outcomes are achieved through three core elements: people - trained staff and volunteers who build lasting, mentoring relationships; environment - girls-only, physically and emotionally safe, where there is a sisterhood of support, high expectations, and mutual respect; and programming - research-based, hands-on and minds-on, age-appropriate, meeting the needs of today’s girls. Informed by girls and their families, we also advocate for legislation and policies to increase opportunities for all girls and address the systemic barriers that impede girls’ success, particularly girls in low-income communities and girls of color.
Girls Inc. of Chicago, incorporated in November 2016, is the newest affiliate of the network of Girls Inc. organizations with the shared mission to inspire girls to be strong, smart and bold.
Girls Inc. of Chicago has an exciting opportunity for a seasoned administrative support resource. The Administrative Manager will play a pivotal role in setting up operations for the organization including, but not limited to, accounting, donor/gift management, human resources and technology. Additionally, the Administrative Manager will support Girls Inc. of Chicago by frequently participating in programming at schools and other community organizations to help ensure that all employees are serving as a visible and effective leaders and advocates for Girls Inc. of Chicago.
- Manage bookkeeping/accounting including payroll and bill/invoice payments.
- Events coordination both internal and external.
- Coordinate, calendars/meetings, agendas and assemble meeting materials for CEO and Girls Inc. of Chicago Staff.
- Liaise directly with all Girls Inc. Of Chicago staff to ensure smooth functioning of all office support systems including the management of office supplies, equipment, telephones including repairs and replacement as needed.
- Coordinate physical office space, evaluate and recommend improvements.
- Provide administrative support to hire and on board Girls Inc. of Chicago staff.
- Provide support in the Girls Inc. network-wide outcomes measurement strategy: ensure use of girl-tracking system to collect girl data regularly and survey girls annually, as well as for continuous program improvement.
- Manage administrative interns and clerical support.
Fund Development/Donor Management
- Provide administrative, planning and coordination support for fundraising strategies and events.
- Provide administrative, planning and coordination support for grants development and management.
- Assist in the recruitment and orientation of volunteers.
- Ensure accurate maintenance of donor records and stewardship program/processes.
- Assist with the development and production of the Girls Inc. of Chicago’s reports, newsletter, web-site and social media communications.
- Provide communication support to Girls Inc. of Chicago stakeholders including the board, school partners and donors.
- Manage social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.