Do you have at least 1-3 years experience in development?
Are you a self-disciplined leader who is ready to take an organization’s development efforts to the next level?
Are you a collaborative team player with supervisory experience?
We are currently in search of a Development Manager for an advocacy organization. This is a full-time, temporary assignment based in Pittsburgh, PA.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Advocacy Organization
LOCATION: Pittsburgh, PA
POSITION TITLE: Development Manager
SALARY: Commensurate with Experience
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Development Manager will support volunteer committees; prospect, cultivate, and solicit donors and sponsors for revenue campaigns, and implement event programs that will lead to growth in net revenue for the Chapter. This person will also partner with the Executive Director on Chapter strategic planning for all campaigns, overall volunteer development, and cultivation and stewardship for select donors in all campaigns including major giving.
This position reports to the interim Executive Director and coordinates activities with the Regional Director who oversees the Chapter.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a development, specifically in major gifts and events required
- Excellent writing and communication skills required
- Demonstrated success in donor cultivation, individual donor strategy and event management
- 1+ years supervisory experience required
- Self-driven, independent, organized, positive attitude, able to give direction
- Experience managing volunteers and working as a team player required
- Excellent team leader, ability to delegate tasks and set up Board for success
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, website management, online fundraising and donor database management required
- Excellent people skills, able to get “buy-in” from team and deliver constructive feedback
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule, evenings and weekends required
- Familiarity with Pennsylvania/West Virginia philanthropic community preferred
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Steward relationships of donors, campaign participants and leadership volunteers
- Provide guidance to volunteers in carrying out assignments and recognition for their time and effort
- Support campaign committees for special events and Take Steps
- Implement the cultivation, solicitation, follow-up and recognition process for individual, corporate and foundation participation and donations
- Maintain accurate and complete records and files for fundraising events, programs and activities
- Participate in enterprise wide activities such as GI visits, donor events, major education events, Team Challenge information meetings, and Take Steps
- Maintain communication with national support team
- Direct administration of chapter financials, budget and operational plans
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please submit a resume with “Development Manager” in the subject line.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume as well!
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.