Under general direction from BAM Boston Executive Director, BAM Supervisor is responsible for providing direct supervision, feedback and support to BAM counselors.
- Oversees staffing, planning, development, coordination, implementation and evaluation of all program activities and the desired outcomes
- Recommends hiring of new BAM Counselors, employee transfers, promotions, disciplinary actions, terminations overall performance management
- Manages performance management process by evaluating and developing BAM Counselors to ensure the effective implementation of BAM curriculum and professional growth of counselors.
- Collaborates with BAM Counselors and BAM Boston Executive Director to recruit and build relationships with youth and school administration, manage annual program budget, etc.
- Maintains focus on the achievement of key program outcomes and ensure all programs are on-track for desired metrics, including goals for student performance, retention and satisfaction
- Administers the program by assessing needs, making assignments and managing programs at multiple sites where the program operates
- Accountable for meeting specific deliverables for all contracts related to identified program areas
- Responsible for quality and quantity of work to ensure contract deliverables
- Primary lead for ongoing communication with school personnel, social service agencies, community groups and public officials regarding program goals and objectives
- Other duties as otherwise assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work, human services or a related field from an accredited college or university; Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of five years of work experience in the education, human service, youth development or social service field required
- Minimum of one year supervisory experience required; two years preferred
- Youth Engagement experience preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team required
- Proven ability to be a self-starter, energetic, innovative and motivated required Ability to commit to working in at-risk-environments with ability to handle emergencies and take on unforeseen tasks required
- Demonstration of strong interpersonal and communication skills that excel in cultural sensitivity, respect for differences, and effectively motivates others required
- Demonstrated experience in employee supervision and HR administration required
- Ability to lead in a changing and ambiguous environment required
- Ability to understand and commit to the continuous improvement of service quality and the organization’s mission required
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with various stakeholders required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit and stand for sustained periods of time, frequently talk, hear, use hands and fingers to feel, handle and operate objects or controls, and occasionally stand, bend, stoop, kneel and crouch.
- The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, and viewing a computer terminal.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties performed are primarily in a school setting. Occasional need for local travel.
Youth Guidance is an equal opportunity employer and proudly values diversity. Youth Guidance does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law and is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity along all of these lines. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.