Title: Fresh Market Coordinator
FSLA: Exempt (Full-time; 40 hours per week)
Location: 3334 W. Carroll Avenue Chicago, IL 60624
We Are Breakthrough-Adult Service Network
Breakthrough offers a new model for homeless services. We are intentional about treating every person in need with dignity and respect, so they receive much more than a bed to sleep in—they receive the tools necessary to achieve self-sufficiency.
Breakthrough’s men's and women's transitional housing shelters first aim to meet immediate needs of food and shelter through our kitchens, on-site laundry and showers. Guests then receive on-site primary and mental health care, employment training, and housing search assistance and placement.
Demonstrate the mission and vision of Breakthrough Urban Ministries, the Fresh Market Coordinator works in the Fresh Market Pantry and is responsible for day-to-day operations, supervision and leadership of Breakthrough’s Food programs. The incumbent promotes and serves as a key proponent of the established service delivery model while ensuring consistency and staff compliance to program procedure and working with counterparts to create continuity, consistency and uniformity of the organization’s mission and achievement of the Adult Support Network goals. The incumbent accepts the responsibilities and fulfill the obligations as outlined in the position description.
The Fresh Market Coordinator’s responsibilities includes but is not limited to:
- Plan, manage, oversee and be present for the daily operations of the Fresh Market and Community Pantry.
- Gather, analyze and generate monthly reports, including statistics and measured outcomes for board and funding sources.
- Maintaining an accurate inventory of food, keeping an organized and adequate stock in the pantry
- Order and secure the delivery of food for all Breakthrough food distribution programs
- Ensure the accuracy of invoices on food orders
- Gather, analyze and maintain basic client information and pantry schedules in centralized client database
- Supervise program staff, including volunteers and interns.
- Directs work of all assigned personnel, volunteers and interns engaging staff in ongoing staff development and completing annual performance evaluations and takes or recommends course of action.
- Identify other agencies and service providers for possible partnerships for supportive services to agency Participants.
- Participate in community networks and coalitions
- Work collaboratively with community and government resource agencies and maintain current knowledge of available resources.
- Document all service activity in agency ETO data tracking system and funder required tracking
- Performs other duties as assigned
We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. Breakthrough is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factors. If a reasonable accommodation is needed for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact us via the telephone number listed above. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.