Plans, implements, reviews and reports activities designed for the clients at Adult Day Service center. Works with the Activity Supervisor and other staff on assessing client’ needs and strengths. Follows clients’ care plans to provide personal care and activities. Assists the Activity Supervisor in developing activities for each client based on his/ her strengths. Prepares documentation such as meal portion record, activity participation record, workshop record and meal temperature record.
1. Plans, executes and evaluates the Adult Day Service’s (ADS) Activity Programming
Makes suggestions to the Activity Supervisor in the planning of monthly and biannual activity plans.
Designs and implements Adult Day Service (ADS) activities as assigned by ADS Coordinator and/or Activity Supervisor.
Prepares room setting, equipment and needed activity materials
Supervises clients, assists and encourages clients’ participation in activities focusing on their physical, mental, emotional and social strengths.
Carries out individual activities.
Leads shopping trips, field trips, and any other outings.
2. Implements the ADS clients’ plans of care
Learns, understands and implements individual client’s plan of care.
Reports any physical, psycho-social, and cognitive changes of the clients to the Activity Supervisor, Coordinator, or Nurse.
Provides personal care assistance to clients, such as toileting, bathing and meal services.
In conjunction with the Activity Supervisor, assists in Activity Assessment within one month of attendance of a new client and subsequent Activity Assessments of each client at intervals no longer than six months, and contributes to the client care plan meeting which develops the client’s plan of care.
Implements Healthy IDEAS Project to help alleviate clients’ depressive symptoms through plans of care and behavioral activation.
3. Prepares documentation and ensure compliance
Keeps daily record of clients’ activity participation record, and alerts the Coordinator and Activity Supervisor in case of irregularities.
Keeps daily record of meal consumption of each client, and alerts the Coordinator and Activity Supervisor in case of irregularities.
Keeps daily record of meal temperature, and alerts the Coordinator and Activity Supervisor in case of irregularities.
Keeps daily record of workshop attendance, and alerts the Coordinator and Activity Supervisor in case of irregularities.
4. Reports to the ADS Coordinator and Activity Supervisor on matters of significant importance to the ADS center or to the clients. Reports, and documents incidents that occur at ADS center, or during out trips, in an effective and timely fashion.
5. Escorts the driver to transport ADS clients to and from the center.
6. Participates in and contributes to ADS Team Meetings, Activity Meetings, Client Care Plan Meetings, and Staff Training Sessions.
7. Follows and implements ADS Policy and Procedures and Agency Policy on providing services to clients in ADS center.
8. Responds to agency needs by performing assigned tasks which do not fall within the above description.
Obtains Food Handler Certificate in the first three months of employment and maintains this certificate.
Participates and assists in other ADS related events which may arise from time to time.
High school diploma or above with at least 2 years of working experience in related field.
Ability to speak, read and write Chinese (Cantonese, Toishanese or Mandarin); English language ability is a plus.
Some knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint, is needed.
Chinese American Service League (CASL) is the largest most comprehensive social service agency in the Midwest dedicated to serving the needs of Chinese Americans. We provide child educational services, elder services, employment training services, employment training services, family counseling, and housing/financial education to clients of all ages and backgrounds. If you want to learn more about us, visit http://caslservice.org/