Case Management/Social Services, Program Management
Provide direct in-home service to clients. Supervise and mentor Home Care Aides (HCAs) and ensure high quality of services is delivered to the clients. Implement Healthy IDEAS. Visit clients in the hospital or nursing home to assist them in receiving services after being discharged from the institution. Perform outreach activities to promote in-home service and recruit potential clients. Assist in pre and inservice training.
Provide direct In-Home Service to clients as needed. 2. Perform quality assurance
a. Conduct welcome home visits to new clients and review the Welcome Packet.
b. Conduct semi-annual home visits.
c. Conduct quarterly surprise visits to Family HCAs and complete reports.
d. Conduct monthly surprise phone calls to Family HCAs.
e. Provide quarterly conference, where two conferences per year must be at the client’s home. Provide on-going supervision to HCAs to ensure quality service and complete reports.
f. Observe and evaluate HCAs in the client’s home as directed by the supervisor to assure clients’ Plans of Care are being followed. If necessary, provide HCAs with hands on training and assistance.
g. Prepare and complete accurate home visit evaluation reports and case note within 48 hours of contact.
h. Report any changes in clients’ physical, mental, emotional, and environmental conditions to the supervisor.
i. Participate in the weekly meeting facilitated by the supervisor to discuss participants’ status and HCAs’ quality of services.
j. Perform necessary phone calls or personal follow-up visits to mediate clients/HCAs matters which could potential hamper services.
3. Supervise HCAs and complete annual performance evaluations with them.
4. Involve in EVV implementation and maintains
5. Implement Healthy IDEAS.
6. Visit clients in the hospital or nursing home to assist them in receiving services after being discharged from the institution.
7. Perform outreach activities to promote in-home service and recruit potential clients.
8. Participate and assist in pre and in-service training.
9. Maintain at least 24 hours of in-service training each year.
10. Responds to emergency calls or client matters after regularly business hours 7 days a week to intervene in important client matters requiring on-site or per phone involvement.
11. Carry out duties as assigned by the supervisor.
12. Responds to agency needs by performing assigned tasks, which do not fall within the above description. If such tasks are not of a temporary nature, they shall be added to this list of designated job responsibilities.
Participates and assists in other In-Home Service related events which may arise from time to time.
High school diploma or GED.
At least two years of experience working within the field of senior services, or a closely related social service.
Be able to read, write, and speak Chinese (Cantonese, Mandarin and/or Toishanese.)
Be able to read and understand some English, the content of a Plan of Care written in English, and write case note in English. ?
Must demonstrate knowledge and skills in caring for a senior.
Demonstrate skills in supervisory activities. ?
Being able to use various computer software programs is a plus.
Must demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Client-focused and customer service driven.
Required to positioning and transferring clients weighting in excess of 100 pounds. ?
Required to frequently sit, stand, bend, and walk for extended periods. ?
Required to have yearly physical examination. ?
Must have the visual, hearing, and learning capabilities sufficient to perform the essential functions defined above.
Environment and Scheduling
Work may be performed during irregular hours, Monday through Sunday (including holidays), from 8 AM to 8 PM in INH client’s home or in the office. ?
Must be flexible and available to work after regularly business hours 7 days a week to intervene in important client matters. ?
In charge of emergency cell phone and handle emergency situation after office hours.
Chinese American Service League (CASL) is the largest most comprehensive social service agency in the Midwest dedicated to serving the needs of Chinese Americans. We provide child educational services, elder services, employment training services, employment training services, family counseling, and housing/financial education to clients of all ages and backgrounds. If you want to learn more about us, visit http://caslservice.org/