1. Discover, coordinate, and implement strategies to address issues by seniors who have specific needs which curtail their independence.
2. Recruit volunteers for presentations and organize communities to partner with the Senior Services Center to aid seniors in their township.
3. Schedule presentations and health oriented screenings throughout Will County by partnering with qualified agencies and sharing such contacts with the Activities Coordinator for implementation at the Senior Center.
4. Act as community liaison between Senior Services and other agencies to increase communication of programs and services.
5. Provide, promote, and collaborate educational and screening opportunities with senior focused entities including but not limited to: residential, community centers, libraries, park districts, village halls, etc.
6. Maintain the database with volunteer information, speaker bureau contacts, educational sites with their coordinators, and all completed educational and screening program objectives.
7. Create and provide marketing information in a timely fashion for Senior Service publications and regional publications.
8. Attend all required trainings, Leadership Team meetings, and other meetings as required by the Executive Director.
9. Requisition supplies and equipment related to classes, activities, and services.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Education, Recreation, Psychology, Sociology, Event Planning, or related fields with equivalent experience.
2. Two years or more experience coordinating and marketing events and activities.
3. Maintain a professional appearance and have the ability to relate to others in a professional manner, plus working as a team in helping from time to time.
4. Possess a valid driver's license and can travel region wide with reliable transportation.
5. Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, especially the use of Excel and spreadsheet development.
Senior Services of Will County has been providing assistance and resources to older Americans in their region for more than fifty years. This includes programs that proactively equip and strengthen seniors to live independently as well as working with those who are home bound and in greater need of assistance. Our trained staff have been changing lives and in 2015 alone, worked with more than 18...,000 individuals to put them on the road to a safe, healthy and productive life.
We are looking for additional team members that enjoy working with the elderly, have patience with the process, understand the importance of documenting their work and have a joyful attitude.