The Night Ministry, a non-denominational, non-profit organization that connects youth and adults in need with resources and opportunities for health/safety, support, housing, employment, education, and more. ?The Night Ministry is seeking a full-time Case Manager. ??The Night Ministry's core programs consist of Outreach and Health Ministry, Youth Services, and the Youth Shelter Network. Learn more about our programs and services at our website at www.thenightministry.org
Position Summary: Provide Case Management services to residents of The Crib & Youth Outreach Team and coordinate activities of both teams.
1. Link residents to needed services which may include, but are not limited to, housing, employment, life skills, and education.
2. Provide counseling and guidance to clients and other residents.
3. Maintain case files for client load; ensure that all documentation is in compliance with government and agency standards.
4. Facilitate support or educational groups as needed.
5. Along with other members of management team, participate in the planning and development of programming for residents.
6. Participate in all required trainings; occasionally assist as needed.
7. Provide statistical and anecdotal information as needed for grant writing and funding maintenance.
8. Serve as back-up coverage for youth workers.
9. Occasionally represent The Night Ministry through networking, speaking engagements and other community events.
10. Attend administrative, case management, and staff meetings regularly.
11. Complete other tasks as assigned.
Mandatory Job Qualifications
• Pass DCFS background check and health clearance. • Bachelor's degree in Social Work or related social services field. Three to five years case management experience working with youth. • Current driver's license, evidence of insurability • Excellent interpersonal skills • Strong desire to work with and advocate for at-risk youth • Act as a role model at all times for residents. • Show good judgment, ability to respond quickly and appropriately to emergencies • Willingness to occasionally work flexible hours, which may include evenings and weekends. • Demonstrate qualities of reliability and dependability.
No phone calls please. The Night Ministry is an Equal Opportunity Employer.