Works with other members of the Fiscal Department to ensure timely entry of all expenses, disbursement of all reimbursements and money owed, and completion of other financial duties of the department.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Tracks and enters disbursements of agency funds.
· Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval of payment.
· Review all credit card statements for appropriate documentation prior to payment.
· Assist in month end closing.
· Respond to vendor inquiries.
· Process mileage reimbursements on a timely basis.
· Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· Skilled in basic math.
· Ability to work with specific computer software (Blackbaud, MS Office applications and other accounting systems).
· Knowledge of excel.
· Ability to perform routine data entry functions.
· Ability to comprehend memos, letters and correspondence and share information in one-on-one situations.
· Ability to apply common sense, analyze data and interpret results yielding varying outcomes.
· Ability to meet timelines in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious, about assignments.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Associates degree preferred.
· One to three years of job-related prior experience required.
· Public Accounting experience preferred.
About El Valor
El Valor was founded in 1973 by the late Guadalupe Reyes, a visionary leader and mother who dreamed of a community in which all members, including her son with special needs, could live, learn and work. From its roots in the Hispanic community, El Valor has grown into a nationally recognized multicultural, multipurpose organization with a mission that reaches millions through its International Public Awareness Campaign.
El Valor has three Children & Family Centers, a Technology Center, a Vocational Development Center and five Community Residence Homes for adults with disabilities. Programs work with families throughout the Chicago metropolitan area. El Valor has a budget of over $15 million. Over 300 staff members and hundreds of volunteers help provide services to children, people with disabilities and their families.