We are looking for a Bilingual (Spanish) Family Child Care Coordinator for Lake County/Waukegan, IL.
About us: At ChildServ, we put kids and their families first.
JOB SUMMARY: Develop, coordinate and monitor activities of the Lake County Family Child Care Home program in Waukegan, IL.
* Recruit and provide monthly visits of home day care providers, ensuring compliance with DCFS and IDHS guidelines.
* Recruit eligible parents, prepare applications and income redeterminations for IDHS, obtain necessary income documentation, call employer for verification if payment rate is under the legal minimum for Illinois, and ensure compliance with current IDHS income standards, stamp application/redetermination of income with date of entry, review clients information within IDHS system (IDACS, records of worker compensation office, and records of Child Support enforcement office, contact local IDHS caseworker if there is any discrepancy between application information and IDACS records, including more than 20% discrepancy between my income calculation and IDHS ACID information, approve or denied applications and income redeterminations according to IDHS guidelines, send electronic applications and income redeterminations to IDHS in ten days, get approvals, up-date billing and client’s records, send copy of approvals to child care providers, print and keep records in client’s file of applications and income redetermination sent to IDHS.
* Complete client’s assessment, prepare client’s folders, and enter client’s and child care provider’s information in database.
* Send monthly invoices to parents and collect parental co-pays, deposit it, send receipts of payments to financial department of ChildServ, with the specification of the month parents are paying, enter assessed and paid co-payments in monthly billing and client records, inform and send copy of receipts and checks to financial department of ChildServ, keep records of payments and deposits for 5 years.
* Sent at the end of years a statement to clients with summary of payments to ChildServ for tax purposes.
* Provide services to families, which may include casework and referrals to community resources.
* Conduct developmental assessments of children enrolled in the program.
* Maintain case files for all families with one or more children enrolled in the program, including proof of monthly visits, children’s medical records (up-dated every two years,) client’s service plan (updated every 6 months,)
* Facilitate open communication between parents and providers regarding child’s adjustment/development and serve as mediator for any problems that arise.
* Collect children’s attendance forms from child care providers, review it, and keep attendance records for 5 years.
* Review payments from IDHS, correct MER records and help to re-bill for attended days not pay from IDHS.
* Keep records of received payments from IDHS, and manage the number of children enrolled in the program according with the budget contracted with IDHS.
* Provide monthly enrollment, attendance, and parental co-pay data to Childers’s finance department, and preparing records to bill IDHS and pay contacted child care providers for the number of eligible days children enrolled in ChildServ program attended care.
* Coordinate the work of interns and volunteers assigned to the program.
* Do/renew contracts with DCFS licensed home day care providers who take care of children approved for ChildServ to receive a child care subsidy.
* Provide trainings and development activities for home day care providers.
* Complete record-keeping and statistical information in an accurate and timely manner. Provide any information requested be IDHS for the renewal of our contract.
* Assist with developing and monitoring of program evaluation initiatives.
* Maintain knowledge of current practices and trends related to early childhood development programs.
* Participate in reviews and other internal and external audits and site visits.
* Stay current in job- and/or client-specific competencies.
* Actively participate in Continuous Quality Improvement initiatives and activities.
* Other duties as assigned to achieve the mission of the Department and the Agency.
Bachelor's degree in social services or similar field (Master's preferred)
Experience working with children in a school or program setting also required.
Strong organizational, oral and written communication skills required.
Bilingual skills mandatory in Spanish.
Insured automobile required, as site visits are mandatory.
Experience with IDHS Childcare eligibility and IPACS strongly preferred.
Knowledge of home daycare licensing standards a plus!
Strong customer service skills and ability to handle multiple projects/client needs.
Experience with childcare billing.
At ChildServ we value our employee’s work/life balance. With flexible schedules, generous paid time off and 13 paid holidays, ChildServ is a place where you can grow professionally and where you can achieve that healthy balance between work-life and home-life.
We believe in promoting from within. Since 2015, we have promoted over 24% of our staff.
Competitive pay and benefits
PTO and 13 paid agency holidays
Medical, dental, vision, 401k, voluntary short-term disability, voluntary AFLAC coverage and Agency paid life insurance (ChildServ pays 80% of the cost for employee medical coverage)
Agency laptop and Cell phone provided
Opportunities for growth and advancement
ChildServ is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. All employment activities are conducted in an equal and equitable fashion. The Agency prohibits employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, disability or handicap, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, parental status, veteran status, source of income, and any other legally protected category in the recruitment, selection, hiring, determination of salary level and benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.
ChildServ recognizes, respects, promotes and celebrates the value of cultural diversity and will ensure that each client’s ethnic or cultural customs, practices, and beliefs, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, disability, and/or community differences will be respected by agency staff.
ChildServ is committed to supporting military service members and veterans and their families through employment opportunities.
Additional Salary Information: Full-time with benefits
Mission- Building a better life for children at risk.
Vision-We will be an innovative, nimble leader in providing high-quality, effective services to support children, youth and communities in meeting the ever-changing challenges of society.