Do you have excellent written and verbal communication skills? Are you detail oriented, organized and collaborative? Are you looking for a culture that is dynamic, diverse, team oriented, and offers a flexible work schedule? If the answer is yes, then look no further; come join one of Forbes 20 Most Inspiring American Companies.
Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin and Metropolitan Chicago is a mission-driven, not-for-profit organization. We’re uniquely different because of the social enterprises we operate that fuel our mission to provide training, employment and supportive services for people who are dislocated, disadvantaged or have a disability.
As the Work Incentive Benefits Specialist of Goodwill Industries of Southeastern WI, you will provide benefits and financial advice to help individual’s understand the relationship between working and benefits. This role is responsible for providing a full range of services associated with Benefits Counseling and Financial Literacy Services. Maintain knowledge about current policies and practices concerning SSI/SSDI, Medicare/Medicaid, Long Term Care, FoodShare, and work incentives associated with these and other government benefits programs.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Research, analyze and synthesize participant’s benefit information and develop a comprehensive written benefits analysis report. This report will be reviewed during a meeting with participant and their state Vocational Rehabilitation counselor.
2. Attend all required benefits counseling training, to ensure that knowledge regarding new benefits programs and or changes in existing programs is current in order to provide clients and funding sources with the most accurate information available.
3. Become a member of Wisconsin’s Work Incentives Benefits Specialist Association (WIBSA). Adhere to all standards implemented by the association including peer review and meet annual training hour requirements.
4. Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with Federal, State and County entities that coordinate and administer benefits.
5. Provide financial literacy training in group presentations as well as one-on-one coaching sessions.
Requirements: 1. Bachelor’s Degree in a related Counseling, Special Education and/or Social Services field. 2. A minimum of three years of experience in a related field. 3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. 4. Knowledge of and skill in financial coaching and case management procedures for individuals with disabilities and disadvantages. 5. Knowledge of community resources and how they can be utilized to benefit individuals. 6. Knowledge of State laws, policies and regulations pertaining to Goodwill Industries’ programs and clients. 7. Knowledge of the techniques of intake interviewing for benefits counseling and financial literacy. 8. Knowledge of financial literacy teaching principles and how these programs can assist people in reaching their goals of achieving greater financial independence. 9. Proficiency using a personal computer and Microsoft windows applications. 10. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Additional Salary Information: Salary is dependent upon benefits certification/training, education, and experience
Internal Number: 18-0480
About Goodwill Industries
Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin, Inc. is the largest of more than 165 Goodwill organizations in the world and has been providing services since 1919. Some 6,200 Goodwill employees work in nearly 100 locations throughout our 23-county territory in southeastern Wisconsin and metropolitan Chicago. Our service territory consists of thirteen full or partial counties in southeastern Wisconsin, and ten full or partial counties in northeastern Illinois.