Northern Illinois Food Bank is seeking a Child Nutrition Programs Specialist to provide support for the Child Nutrition Programs: the Summer Food Service Program and the Child and Adult Care Food Program and BackPack Program. To ensure the quality and effectiveness of the Food Bank’s Child Nutrition Programs by serving as the Food Bank’s liaison with partner child nutrition sites as well as assisting with the development of new sites and daily program operations. This position will:
Serve as an advocate for the nutritional needs of children at-risk of hunger.
Monitor for compliance with all regulations and requirements of the Food Bank, USDA, ISBE and Feeding America.
Provide training and technical assistance to new and existing partner nutritional sites.
Effectively link other the Food Bank services to participating children and their families including nutrition education, SNAP outreach, school based pantries and emergency food assistance.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Visit partner sites during food distribution and service operation to ensure their compliance with program regulations and complete required visit documentation.
· Communicate findings of site visits to Program Manager and, if directed, discuss the findings from a site visit with the site director and conduct follow-up site visits.
· Maintain accurate program files, site records and visit documentation.
· Conduct outreach activities to identify and develop potential new sites to partner with Northern Illinois Food Bank.
· Conduct training and technical assistance sessions to small and large groups for partner site staff.
· In addition to monitoring, assist with BackPack Program duties including monthly reporting, invoicing, and training.
· Assist in logistical and administrative tasks related to site training sessions, site visit schedules, meals delivery, and by providing current information to food service vendors.
· Will also assist with data entry as it relates to daily meal count information, invoicing, and site information.
· Attend and participate in program training sessions provided by Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE), USDA, and Feeding America.
· Engender a positive relationship with all community and agency partners to ensure maximum utilization and involvement of the Food Bank.
· Other duties that may be requested by the Program Manager in order to properly operate the program or contribute to the work of the Food Bank.
Work Environment This job operates in a professional environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to move files, open filing cabinets and position self on a stool as necessary. This position does require the employee to drive to our partner locations to monitor for compliance on a daily basis. Drivers license and reliable transportation is required.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position.
EEO Statement Northern Illinois Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Skills, Education, & Experience
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
· Proven effectiveness in developing and delivering presentations
· Attention to detail
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
· High workload capacity
Internal Number: 6304436910
About Northern Illinois Food Bank
Northern Illinois Food Bank provides nutritious food to all those in need through our own efforts and those of our 800 partner agencies in the following 13 counties - Boone, DuPage, DeKalb, Grundy, Kane, Kankakee, Kendall, Lake, McHenry, Ogle, Stephenson, Will and Winnebago. The food bank acquires, gathers, handles, and distributes approximately three million pounds of donated, government, and purchased food each month through local food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters, youth activity centers and other food assistance sites.