Established community mental health center in Skokie, IL seeks Qualified Individual to serve as a member of our Clinical and Administrative Support team. The employee reports to the Office and Facilities Manager. The employee performs reception desk responsibilities and supports the agency’s operations through effective communication, record-keeping, organization, and teamwork. The employee is expected to back up team members when they are absent or require assistance.
Employee is responsible for front desk operations, including but not limited to: answering phones, checking clients in and out, checking client insurance cards, checking agency voice mail and forwarding messages to appropriate recipients, preparing daily deposit and batch entry, preparing group rosters, and presenting a friendly face to incoming clients, staff, and visitors. Employee provides timely, responsive, and appropriate customer service to clients, colleagues, and guests. Phone calls will be answered promptly and emails will be responded to within one business day. Employee will also remain aware of agency procedures regarding safety codes and respond accordingly as needed.
Employee will provide support to Medical Director and other medical providers. Will meet weekly with Medical Director to manage issues that arise, and will manage client prior authorizations, medication refill requests, patient assistance requests, and technical issues for medical providers. Employee will provide direct support to Medical Team on EMR, and will work with EMR support team to resolve issues encountered by medical providers in the agency EMR.
Some flexibility with one's schedule is required, and evening work may be required.
Established in 1969, Turning Point serves diverse communities throughout metropolitan Chicago. We provide outpatient individual and group therapy for all ages, psychiatric evaluation and medication monitoring, case management, and a residential living program. Turning Point has consistently been awarded the highest rating from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). Turning Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Culturally Diverse applicants are encouraged to apply.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent education and/or experience
2. Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, planning, records management, research and general administration
3. Knowledge of data gathering techniques, such as Internet research or files analysis
4. Advanced knowledge of personal computers including: Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, access). Ability to type minimum of 50 words per minute.
5. Good analytical and problem-solving skills
6. Ability to communicate effectively and positively, using tact and poise, both verbally and in writing, with staff, employees and public. Ability to elicit cooperation from others and to assimilate and understand information in a manner consistent with the essential job functions
7. Ability to follow oral and written instructions
8. Ability to maintain confidentiality, use good judgment and sensitivity
9. Background Check and Drug Test are required for this position
10. Must have the ability to lift 10 pounds
11. Ability to maintain confidentiality, use good judgment and sensitivity.
12. Ability to communicate with and elicit cooperation from others and to assimilate and understand information in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
13. Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
14. Ability to develop clear and comprehensive correspondence.
15. Ability to meet and communicate with the public and staff using tact and poise.
16. Knowledge of or the ability to learn commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the mental health field.
17. Background Check and Drug Test are required for this position
18. Able to lift 10 pounds.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com