Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Special Events & Development Manager is responsible for the Development team fundraising event planning, management and execution along with managing the Raisers Edge Event Module. These events include those identified each year by the Saint Viator High School President and the Vice President of Development. The Special Events & Development Manager will work very closely with the Director of Development and the Development Stewardship Coordinator.
It is essential that the Special Events & Development Manager projects a positive image of the school, is gracious when cultivating community support for Saint Viator High School fundraising initiatives, and maintains confidentiality as appropriate. The Special Events & Development Manager must be familiar with and abide by the Development team stated policies and procedures.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
• Work with the volunteer planning committees of the school to organize outreach activities that promote Saint Viator High School’s mission, including community presentations and corporate engagement opportunities as needed.
• Manage the Raisers’ Edge Event module for all Saint Viator fundraising and friend-raising events.
• Actively network within the immediate Saint Viator High School community and the surrounding area to leverage volunteers’ connections and spheres of influence to prospect, cultivate and manage new relationships.
• Act as Raisers’ Edge backup to Development Stewardship Coordinator. Knowledge in gift entry, address changes, etc. is preferred. • Facilitate smooth integration of the school’s best practices, standards and guidelines.
• Utilize creative market building strategies such as cold calling and approved forms of social media to build relationships that will benefit the school.
• Maintain relationships with key corporate sponsors year-round and ensure involvement in all relevant school activities and recognition opportunities.
• As assigned by the Vice President of Development, act as a liaison to Saint Viator parent-run organizations for special events that they host.
• Assure compliance with Saint Viator’s policies, standards and regulatory requirements.
• Other assignments as requested by the Vice President of Development.
Event Financial Processing
• Enter the donor event registration/payments into the online event software program.
• Collaborate with the Development Stewardship Coordinator, providing the online event software financial statements for entry into the donor constituent record utilizing Raiser’s Edge. This pertains to all events unless delegated to another team member by the Vice President of Development.
• Provide Development Stewardship Coordinator with event donor information for thank you letter processing with proper tax deductible information.
• Work closely with the Director of Development in planning, execution and follow up of all fundraising events.
Post Event Analysis
• Assist the Development Stewardship Coordinator with event financial summary report preparation.
• Working with the Development Stewardship Coordinator and Director of Development, conduct event financial results reconciliation with Business Office. First draft available to Vice President of Development within five business days of an event. Final draft to Vice President of Finance within 15 business days. Continue to update controller on outstanding receivables being paid on a monthly basis.
• Participate in post-event performance analysis debrief with Vice President of Development and Director of Development.
• In conjunction with Vice President of Development and Director of Development, develop a sponsorship menu that incorporates both sponsorship opportunities for all Saint Viator events, as well as general sponsorships of the school. Sponsorships can be from, but not limited to, corporations, small businesses and families.
• Prepare proposals for potential sponsors that coordinate with Director of Development’s overall sponsorship menu to support school’s major events. Proposal actions to be tracked in Raisers Edge.
• Collect artwork and language for respective sponsor’s ads and ensure they are placed correctly in the respective sponsorship piece.
• Work with the Development Stewardship Coordinator to monitor sponsor payments. Ensure sponsorship receivable reports are reviewed monthly and timely reminders are mailed.
• Assist with Advancement Office events as required for Alumni, Development and Enrollment.
• Attend Saint Viator High School events and functions as coordinated through the Advancement Office.
Essential Skills & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant work experience from an accredited college or university.
• 3 Years Minimum Fundraising Event Management Planning Experience
• Minimum of 2 years using Blackbaud Raisers’ Edge – particularly the Events module of Raisers’ Edge.
• Adept in fundraising, working with donors for event sponsorships and various donation types
• Advanced Computer Skills: Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Office Products, event management/auction software, Facebook and Twitter
• Solid communications skills, written and verbal
• Networking experience for effective relationship development within the Saint Viator Community and surrounding areas.
• Working experience in an educational environment preferred
• A person of faith
• Positive, collaborative team player, responsive to and respectful of others
• Assumes ownership and accountability for projects and commitments
• Professional, acting with integrity in all situations
• High energy, self-motivated
• Detail oriented
• Willingness to evaluate and pursue new opportunities in event planning, database management, and adapt to a changing environment as required.
• Able to maintain confidentiality
• Able to multi-task and work in high stress environment
About Saint Viator High School
Saint Viator High School is a Catholic, college-preparatory community called to provide religious formation and an academic program of excellence to the young men and women of the northwest suburbs of Chicago.