The Assistant Youth Coordinator is an integral part to all areas of the YOU team. The AYC will assist the Youth Coordinator in their day-to-day functions and eventually learn to lead some of those as well as supervise the different activities. The AYC will assist the TEAM Coordinator and Youth and Family Support Coordinator weekly in their peak times. The AYC will spend the majority of their time building relationships with and interacting with the youth. When youth are not present the AYC will spend their time planning activities for the youth and entering data about the program.
1. Assist in coordinating Friday Field Trips. Attend field trips and coordinate while there.
2. Assist staff in serving lunch and snack according to guidelines.
3. Supervise gym activities, in planning and preparation for recreational activities including but not limited to softball, yoga, volleyball, dance, soccer, and swimming (summer).
4. Assist staff in coordinating Science For Tomorrow.
5. Build and promote positive relationships with the youth—showing respect and good judgment of an adult (not of a peer).
6. Supervise drop-in area and engaging students in activities such as, not limited to, arts/crafts and board games.
7. Supervise Homework time while helping students understand their homework and ensure completion.
8. Serve as staff liaison between the Columbia College through SFT program and YOU Staff
9. Assist the Assistant Director and Youth Coordinator when asked..
10. Help in data collection and entry.
11. Assist in coordination of Youth Council and Youth Council events including attendance to those events.
12. Seek out and attend professional development to grow in capacity as a Youth worker.
13. Assist in keeping the YOU area clean at all times, but mainly focus on at the end of the day.
14. Other duties as assigned
Please forward: resume, cover letter and a list of three professional references by Monday, October 22, 2018 to:
ERIE NEIGHBORHOOD HOUSE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ACCREDITED BY NAEYC & NATIONAL AFTERSCHOOL ASSOCIATION; RECOGNIZED BY BOARD OF IMMIGRATION APPEALS UNITED WAY MEMBER
Bachelor’s or in the processing of attaining a bachelor’s degree
Desire to work with youth
Ability to take initiative and work independently
Positive Attitude and willingness to learn
Youth Development background (classes/experience) preferred
Spanish speaking preferred
Flexibility to work evenings and weekends (very limited) with advanced notice
Additional consideration given to applicants with ability and willingness to teach Science/Technology (additional hours a possibility).
About Erie Neighborhood House
Erie Neighborhood House is a community service agency founded in 1870 that promotes a just and inclusive society by strengthening low-income, primarily Latino families through skill-building, access to critical resources and collaborative action.