This position is responsible for the delivery and preparation for all work-readiness and customized trainings for all YJC programs. This includes job skills preparation, life skills, basic computer skills, basic education, and industry customized training. The trainer is responsible for conducting pre and post training assessments, participant resume, portfolio development. This position will train staff and volunteers in the curriculum and method and work with and inform all aspects of the YJC service delivery model; ensuring client and employer engagement, including managing outreach efforts to specific community organizations. This position will supervise training staff, ensuring successful management and implementation of training services for the agency.
Design and oversee work-readiness training (WRT): Conduct employment skills workshops for YJC programs.
Manage the ongoing design, review, revision and delivery of high quality, cost-effective training programs across all YJC programs.
Establish performance measures for service delivery and monitor results
Develop customized WRT for In-school youth (ISY) programs, partnerships, and other agencies seeking WRT support
Develop and Oversee literacy training programs in partnership with Oakton Community College and City Colleges of Chicago
Develop and train staff and volunteer corps to assist in teaching WRT modules and workshops
Identify, oversee and implement work-readiness tools and assessments used in the field of workforce development
Oversee and supervise training processes and implementation across the agency. Ensure all staff are cross-trained and continuously update training to include best practices in workforce development
Supervise designated training staff
Work closely with YJC Volunteer Coordinator to identify and schedule volunteers to conduct life skills workshops (i.e. budgeting, conflict-resolution, domestic violence, self-esteem, etc.)
In partnership with the Employer Manager, work with YJC employer partners to develop strong job-readiness and skills-based training programs and to enhance employer engagement
Conduct outreach activities to area agencies and schools to recruit and serve participants
Specific Technical/Job-Related Skills:
· Strong technology/computer software and hardware knowledge and must be comfortable teaching basic computer skills
· Well-developed communication and presentation skills required for the facilitation of large and small group trainings
· Ability to adapt training to appropriate levels, depending on client capabilities
· B.S./B.A. or equivalent experience required; Master’s preferred.
· Previous teaching and training experience (work-readiness, soft and hard skills, computer skills training).
· 4+ years’ experience in training and facilitating large groups (corporate or nonprofit), curriculum/instructional design and/or job skills training for at-risk youth and adults in a classroom environment
· Advanced level computer technology skills
· Strong knowledge of troubleshooting technology issues
About Youth Job Center, Inc.
For over 30 years, the Youth Job Center has prepared young people for success in the workplace, providing job-readiness, placement and employment support.