One World Surgery is a nonprofit organization with the vision of a world committed to safe, timely, and accessible surgical care. Our Mission is to ignite the spirit of service and transform lives by providing access to high-quality surgical care globally. The three-year strategic plan is to create the best practice global surgery nonprofit that can be scaled and replicated to serve our patients and volunteers.
One World Surgery funds and operates the world-class Holy Family Surgery Center in Honduras and is building a second medical center in Dominican Republic. Our nonprofit is dedicated to helping thousands of under-served patients receive surgical care and helping hundreds of physicians, nurses, and others in the US contribute to making a positive impact in global health.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Individual Giving will work alongside a frontfacing, passionate team of fundraisers. S/he will be a dynamic, strategic thinker, self-starter, connector with a track record of proven results. S/he will be joining a rapidly growing global nonprofit with the ability to identify and cultivate current and new relationships.
7+ years of related experience
Proven front-facing fundraising track record of securing gifts of $20,000 or more from individuals
A passion for our Mission and the ability to inspire donors ? Well-honed emotional intelligence and highly developed interpersonal skills with the presence and personal style to represent the organization to a variety of constituents
Outstanding written and communication skills - an articulate and persuasive storyteller, with exceptional relationship-building skills
Team-oriented with a strong work ethic
Ability and willingness to travel both nationally and internationally up to 25%
• Establish and oversee fundraising goals and strategies to engage mid-level and major donors. Supports the development and implementation of a comprehensive strategy to achieve these goals.
• Manage a portfolio of current and prospective donors which will include 1) developing and executing strategies that will cultivate and secure annual gifts and commitments for programming; 2) initiating and supporting actions to qualify, cultivate, solicit, close, and steward gifts from prospective donors; and 3) staffs leadership and key volunteers to support the building of a philanthropic relationship with prospective donors.
• In partnership with the Program and Development teams, develop and implement a comprehensive and consistent development program for medical mission volunteers.
• Write and/or edit fundraising proposals, letters, and presentations.
• Oversee the annual fundraising events strategy and Events Manager.
• Serve as an articulate spokesperson for OWS at fundraising and stewardship events.
• Ability to thrive as a leader in an evolving, fast-paced, global environment.
Location: this opportunity is for those located in (or willing to relocate to) the Chicagoland area.
Full time. Exempt from the provisions of wage and salary regulations.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Director of Individual Giving.”
About One World Surgery
One World Surgery is a nonprofit organization with the mission of igniting the spirit of service and transforming lives. We are dedicated to providing world class surgical care to under-served communities, as well as empowering volunteers to make a positive impact on global health. We are committed to sustainability, education, and collaboration.