We open doors to improve lives and uplift communities through educational, economic and support services.
Under the supervision of the Program Director the Site Manager will oversee all aspects of the daily operations at the designated site; create a safe, warm and welcoming environment for children, families, and staff and support the goals and vision of the organization. Emphasis will be on continuously improving program quality, parent engagement and staff support and development.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
1. Monitor and ensure the implementation of the Early Childhood Education and School Age programs ensuring adherence to funding requirements as set by Head Start Performance Standards, NAEYC (National Education for the Education of Young Children) Standards and other licensing requirements.
2. Maintain both City and State licenses by completing and submitting necessary paperwork for renewal.
3. Monitor and ensure all licensing requirements are met.
4. Oversee and ensure that team teachers conduct their weekly team meetings being available to provide support and guidance as needed.
5. Under the direction of the Program Director, works with the Education Coordinator to plan and implement the education curriculum (i.e., Creative Curriculum.) and Teaching Strategies GOLD Assessment system;
6. Collaborate with the Education Coordinator in ensuring NAEYC accreditation processes and compliance.
7. Responsible for reviewing and approving all purchase orders submitted to the Administrative Receptionist before purchase to ensure quality programming and maintenance of facilities while adhering to the budget.
8. Supervise and monitor the kitchen staff, operation, food program and maintenance to ensure compliance with the Illinois State Board of Education Food Program and licensing requirements.
9. Supervise and monitor of other support services (i.e., clerical, office, etc.) to ensure agency policies and procedures are complied with and meet the vision and mission of the agency.
10. Schedule staff according to the patterns of enrollment to maintain teacher child ratio in the classrooms at all times. Schedules coverage for staff absences.
11. Ensure the facilities meet the health and safety standards set forth in licensing standards.
12. Monitor, observe and respond to the concerns of parents.
13. Collaborate with the Family Support Services Coordinator and Family Support Workers in preparing for and conducting parent meetings including securing the time and place, ordering food, planning the agenda and securing trainers.
14. Identify, schedule and participate in community based meetings with schools, and other agencies to share information and promote a greater awareness of program opportunities and services.
15. Coordinate outreach efforts with the Family Support Services Coordinator and Family Support Workers as they network with providers in the community.
16. Assist with the implementation of the Head Start Annual Protocol/Self Assessment process and Program Information Report (PIR).
17. Assist with the design of an action plan to address any deficiencies identified by the Head Start Annual Protocol/Self- Assessment.
18. Assist and oversee city and state licensing inspections and report any concerns verbally or in writing to ensure compliance is met.
19. Oversee the hiring of all classroom, maintenance, and office and kitchen staff ensuring the Head Start Coordinator and Parent Policy Committee members participate as well.
20. Collaborate with other staff, volunteers, and/or neighborhood organizations with on-going program implementation and in developing special events.
21. Coordinate staffing on all program children and participate in formal and informal parent conferences, SRT meetings, as needed.
22. Work with Program Director and Program Coordinators to ensure and monitor that a functional and operative Parent Policy Committee and Parent Committee is in place.
MA degree in Early Childhood Education preferred; BA degree in Early Childhood Education required.
Three years of experience in a pre-school program and a minimum of two years of supervisory responsibilities.
Drivers license and own transportation required.
Proficient in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer and Excel.
Flexible in work schedule.
Hours: Full-time; year round
Salary: Commensurate with experience with excellent benefits (i.e. health, life and short/long term disability insurance, vacation, 403(b) thrift plan (upon 1 year of employment), etc.
Application details: Please send cover letter and resume to