Responsibilities include training, facilitation, employment counseling, placement and ongoing support to high school students ages 14-18. Work closely with school leaders, teachers, employers and community partners. Provide postsecondary planning support to students, develop employment plans and provide case management services to job seekers. Conduct job training workshops, and job retention tracking and follow-up.
·Postsecondary degree or credential preferred
·Experience working with youth programs
·Understanding of employment training or workforce development-based programs preferred
· Provide career planning, case management and job placement support to a small caseload of students to develop individualized employment and goal plans for participants, assisting them to achieve career and employment goals related to their skills, interests and abilities
· Support High School Partner Programs Manager in preparing youth for job-readiness and employment skills workshops
· Support or independently facilitate job-readiness and employment skills workshops in the classroom, at lunch periods, and after school
· Support and recruit youth for This Way Ahead (Gap, Inc.) Program as well as follow up with students throughout the summer
· Maintain current and accurate case notes, narratives, assessments, reports, follow-ups and file maintenance for client caseload, including providing detailed documentation of services and referrals in the YJC Client Management System database, Efforts to Outcomes (ETO)
· With School staff, identify students who can benefit from YJC support and proactively work to engage them in programs.
· Participate in outreach activities to area agencies and schools
· Work with students during flexible hours and at multiple sites
· Other duties as assigned
Specific Technical/Job-Related Skills:
Strong interpersonal skills
Ability to balance support and accountability for participants in program
Strong time management skills, deadline and outcomes driven
Proficiency with computer technology, including database management
Ability to multi-task with multiple assignments and competing priorities
Flexibility with evening and weekend hours required
Reliable transportation. Local travel required.
About Youth Job Center, Inc.
For over 35 years, the Youth Job Center has prepared young people for success in the workplace, providing job-readiness, placement and employment support.