JCUA | Chicago, IL
Who We Are:
Founded in 1964, The Jewish Council on Urban Affairs (JCUA) combats poverty, discrimination, and antisemitism in partnership with diverse communities. JCUA and its members are powerful advocates for social justice in Chicago. JCUA carries out its work through three core programs: Issue-based Campaigns, Community Investment, and Youth Leadership and Engagement.
JCUA seeks a motivated, organized and detail-oriented professional to serve as its Development Associate.
The Development Associate is a dynamic and essential member of the development team. They will play a lead role in managing logistics for the annual gala and other donor stewardship/cultivation activities; support the Director of Development with major gift prospecting and moves management; maintain control of the donor database (Raiser’s Edge), donor acknowledgements and other communications; and will play a support role in corporate and foundation grant management.
The Development Associate reports to the Director of Development and works closely with the Director of Communications.
JCUA encourages applicants from all racial, ethnic, and religious backgrounds, sexual orientations and genders.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com.
Required Qualifications, Characteristics and Skill Sets:
- BA or MA degree and a minimum 2-4 years’ work experience in a fundraising or fundraising support role.
- A passion for the mission of JCUA and a personal interest in social justice issues.
- Proficient in Raiser’s Edge or another CRM system, and MS Office suite.
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to analyze data and provide data-driven insights and recommendations.
- Research skills, including a natural curiosity and a strong results-oriented focus.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong understanding knowledge of the Jewish community.