The Logan Square Neighborhood Association (LSNA) - aka Leaders Shaping Neighborhood Action, is a cutting edge community organization dedicated to stabilizing and improving the Logan Square, Avondale, Hermosa, and Lathrop Homes communities. LSNA is committed to advancing diversity, leader development, and models for engagement as the catalyst for social justice. All of our work – organizing, programs and fundraising is firmly rooted in a commitment to community organizing, social justice and racial equity.
LSNA is looking to hire a Quality of Life-Housing Organizer to join our housing team and help carry out key elements of the housing strategy in our Holistic Plan and other related QLP strategies. Key responsibilities include:
1) Identify and develop local housing leaders through building relationships through our organizational members, through door-knocking and through provision of select housing services.
2) Staff LSNA’s zoning work which includes keeping informed of zoning change requests in the community, identifying LSNA leaders to serve on the local zoning committee(s), providing support for their roles on the committee(s) and informing and educating community members about zoning change requests and their potential impact.
3) Conduct door knocking and door to door outreach in the community on a variety of housing issues including, but not limited to, potential zoning changes, potential new developments that could positively or negatively impact housing stock, personalized outreach to homeowners in foreclosure or building court to connect them to resources
4) Provide information and support regarding housing resources by providing services or connecting residents to a local, responsive, service provider.
5) Lead LSNA’s participation in city-wide housing campaigns where deemed necessary and appropriate and facilitate LSNA leaders’ participation as well.
6) Serve as key liaison to city’s MMRP program
The strongest candidates will have the following characteristics:
Interest and knowledge of housing issues and resources
Familiarity and interest in community organizing
Good at building relationships and recognizing and cultivating leadership skills in others
Great communication skills
Be a self-starter who is also good at follow-through
Experience in door knocking
Bilingual in English and Spanish
Ability to be flexible and juggle multiple projects
Additional Salary Information: Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. LSNA is an equal opportunity employer. This position is a salaried, exempt position. LSNA offers a competitive salary and benefits and encourages a good life/work balance.
About Logan Square Neighborhood Association
Background: The Logan Square Neighborhood Association (LSNA) is a community-based organization advancing diversity, leader development, and models of engagement as the catalyst for social justice.
LSNA develops local leadership to identify, strategize, and organize around significant community issues that impact their lives. LSNA's work is driven by its Holistic Plan, which is collectively revised each year by local leadership and currently contains five strategies for addressing the community's key concerns: building organizational capacity; affordable and inclusive housing; education and community schools; youth development and parent engagement; and immigration.