Accion helps neighborhood entrepreneurs grow by providing the coaching, capital, and connections that small business owners need to create jobs and wealth in communities throughout Illinois and Indiana.
Position: Portfolio Lead
The Portfolio Lead is a salaried, exempt position that reports to the Director of Risk and Loan Operations. The Portfolio Leader is responsible for executing loan closings, building relationships with small-dollar borrowers who have received funding on third-party platforms, and supporting clients during repayment.
• Close loans efficiently
• Offer assistance proactively to borrowers who have received funding on third-party platforms
• Support clients during loan repayment in partnership with outsourced loan servicing through restructures, collections, and frequent communications with borrowers
• Handle all post-funding servicing issues for the current loan portfolio
• Act as primary post-funding support for borrowers through emails and phone calls to the entire active portfolio
• Contribute to a net surplus each year
• Manage risk for the organization by serving as the go-to contact point for all borrowers
• Close, fund, board and execute collateral on prepared loans according to policy and procedures
• Generate and review legal documents for newly closed loans, amendments, and restructures
• Monitor loans post-funding for collateral, insurance, pending obligations, repayment calculation issues, and reviews
• Audit a small number of loan files, document findings, and correct errors each month
• Nurture trusted relationships with Community Small Business Lenders, Underwriters, Staff Accountants, and external loan servicers to provide a high-quality experience to entrepreneurs
• Identify improvements in how we can better serve entrepreneurs and then continually implement those ideas effectively
• Perform other duties flexibly and creatively as needs arise
Accion requires its staff to:
• Solve problems creatively
• Manage time efficiently
• Attend to details meticulously
• Communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally
• Collaborate flexibly with colleagues in a diverse and changing environment
• Believe strongly in Accion’s mission
The Portfolio Lead should have experience in:
• Loan processing
• Client service
To Apply: Email Jobs@accionchicago.org attach your Cover Letter & Resume. No Phone Calls Please. In subject please include the position you are applying for.
About Accion Chicago
Accion in Illinois & Northwest Indiana is a certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), SBA microlending intermediary, and SBA Community Advantage lender. We provide loans ranging from $500 up to $100,000 to qualified borrowers.