The Cristo Rey Network seeks a Grants Program Manager to work with the Advancement Team to achieve Network-wide philanthropic goals to advance the national office’s strategic priorities. Through securing and disseminating national, network-wide, and school-specific grants, the Grants Program Manager will oversee gift fidelity by cultivating and managing internal relations with member schools and external relations with our grant funding community.
Candidates must desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and be successful in balancing multiple job tasks simultaneously
1. Secure philanthropic revenue for Cristo Rey Network programs through timely submission of grant proposals.
Identify and research prospective foundations that may be able to partner with the Cristo Rey Network
Draft each grant proposal; work in collaboration with national office staff and member schools as needed to acquire data and information
Gather relevant educational statistics for inclusion in grant reports and other Advancement materials
Work closely with the finance team to gather budget information/materials for applications and ensure compliance with funding requirements
Coordinate and assist in managing relationships with foundation staffs and foundation board members
2. Work with President and Senior Director of Advancement to develop and cultivate relationships with foundations, coordinate visits, and invite foundation representatives to visit national office
Work with member schools to facilitate school visits, as appropriate, with foundation representatives
Maintain grant information in the Advancement database and funding calendar of activities
Update the prospect tracking platform on a regular/timely basis
Prepare all grant reports/funding reports as needed on a timely basis
Maintains a record of grant activities
Prepare grant and funding reports on a quarterly basis and as requested by the Senior Director of Advancement and/or President
Maintain and update the database, ensuring that foundation contacts are added in a timely manner
3. Manage strategic School Grants to member schools.
Oversee planning and execution of application process: write Request for Proposals, assist school leaders with application inquiries, write and disseminate grant agreements and awards
Work with member schools on grant report submissions and other grant implementation support as needed
4.Manage Annual Fund and Donor Database
Provide support for two direct mail appeals and targeted donor correspondences
Manage gift posting, donor acknowledgment process, and database integrity
Generate gift income reports and other database reports as needed
6. Ensure online philanthropic rating sites (i.e., Guidestar) have current information on Cristo Rey Network.
7. Perform other tasks as assigned by the Senior Director of Advancement or President.
Qualifications and Skills
3+ years of grant writing experience
Technology literate (especially with Word processing, spreadsheet programs, and donor databases) and comfortable with web-based research and online applications
Ability to work independently, set priorities, and complete work timely and accurately
Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills
Exceptional written, editing, and oral communication skills
Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the Cristo Rey Network
This position is based at the Cristo Rey Network office in downtown Chicago, IL.
As the largest network of urban high schools in the country enrolling only low-income youth, the Cristo Rey Network delivers a distinctive approach to inner-city education that equips students with the knowledge, character, and skills to transform their lives. From freshman year, Cristo Rey schools establish a culture of high-expectations by blending rigorous academics, four years of professional work experience, Catholic educational values, and support for students to and through college. The Cristo Rey Network national office ensures the quality and vitality of the movement by:
• Scaling and standardizing effective practices across all schools in academics, college enrollment and completion, and the Corporate Work Study Program
• Facilitating new school growth through development of a national growth plan and support for new schools
• Supporting mission accountability through school evaluations and data analysis
• Stewarding national branding, visibility, and fundraising