The Sales Associate is a vital member of our Resale Team; a key player in maximizing revenue for WINGS Resale. We need dedicated Sales Associates to contribute to the stores sales goals, which in turn help fulfill our mission to end domestic violence and homelessness. The Sales Associate is the most critical link in ensuring that our customers have a rewarding experience that will keep them returning time and time again. We are looking for someone who has a passion for thrift, has the ability to be creative, can think on their feet, can multitask, and thrives in an upbeat environment. Yes, we are looking for great things in a Sales Associate – because our clients deserve it!
General Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Resale Store Manager, the Sales Associate will be responsible for maintenance of the sales floor, cashier and administrative duties, donation processing, stocking the floor, and customer service needs for the store.
* Ensure each customer and donor has a positive experience by using excellent customer service skills and knowledge of products and WINGS mission.
* Provide excellent service to WINGS Clients.
* Perform daily front-end (sales, cashier, stocking) operations as needed.
* Perform daily back end (donations) operations as needed.
* Accurately complete sales transactions.
* Assist in implementing special sales and maintaining attractive displays.
* Meet weekly and monthly sales goals.
* Adhere to general store operational procedures and guidelines.
* Improve self-knowledge, effectiveness, and efficiency by attending all store staff meetings, and agency all-staff or other mandatory meetings.
* Assist with maintaining store cleanliness, and maintaining a clean and safe workplace.
* Adhere to Loss Prevention control and compliance procedures.
* Other various duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
1 year of retail or non-profit retail experience preferred.
Excellent communication skills – listening and speaking in person and on the telephone.
Ability to greet customers; establish rapport.
Enjoy connecting with customers and demonstrating an enthusiastic and positive attitude.
Excellent people skills, showing friendliness, empathy, tolerance, and patience.
Ability to develop good working relationship with customers and team members.
Ability to work with diverse populations; volunteers, customers and staff.
Ability to deal with people at all levels.
Ability to graciously handle several tasks simultaneously, in a fast-paced environment.
Ability to handle physical requirements to accomplish daily responsibilities, including but not limited to lifting up to 35 pounds using both hands/arms on a regular basis, and standing for 8 hours.
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekdays, weekends and early evenings.
Demonstrates a high level of professionalism.
Type: Part time; Involves working 20-24, possibly more, hours per week, including weekends, some holidays, and early evenings, as needed.
Salary: Competitive with retail organizations
Internal Number: 1008
About WINGS Program, Inc.
Although the organization started as an advocate strictly for homeless women and children, WINGS has expanded 30 years later to become one of the largest domestic violence service and housing providers in the state of Illinois. Single individuals (women/men/transgender) and their children are able to receive temporary safe shelter through WINGS housing while staff provides one-on-one, individualized assistance that allows the clients to set personal goals that will enable them to work, continue their education, and care for themselves and their children. WINGS provides comprehensive services that focus on strengths assessment, goal setting, life skills development, financial education, career coaching, therapeutic counseling, children’s activities, and peer mentoring.