PARK LAWN IS A NOT FOR PROFIT AGENCY WHICH HAS PROVIDED SERVICES FOR INTELLECTUAL/DEVELOPMENTALLY DISABLED INDIVIDUALS IN THE SOUTHWEST SUBURBS OF CHICAGO SINCE 1955. PARK LAWN PROVIDES A GENEROUS BENEFIT PACKAGE WHICH INCLUDES 13 HOLIDAYS, PTO, HEALTH BENEFITS, AND LIFE INSURANCE.
PARK LAWN SCHOOL AND ACTIVITY CENTER is seeking an experienced accounting professional with a history of managerial and financial experience. This position is an integral part of the Park Lawn leadership team and will provide guidance to lower level staff in the business office as well as preparing budgets and financial reports.
If you are interested in applying for this position please go to our website www.parklawn.com and review our many services.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
STATUS: Salaried, Exempt – Full time;
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
1. BA/BS in Accounting (or equivalent);
2. Seven to Ten years experience in positions requiring progressively increasing expertise in accounting practices including general ledger maintenance, financial statement preparation, cash management, budgeting, and accounting staff management – preferably in a non-profit setting.
BASIC FUNCTION: Under the general direction of the Executive Director, the Controller provides overall management and supervision of financial operations of all Park Lawn not-for profit corporations.
1. Provide supervision and support to business office personnel.
2. Work with agency staff to address day to day financial matters.
3. Oversee monthly and annual financial close.
4. Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
5. Oversee or prepare state, grant, and other funder compliance reports.
6. Prepare analysis and ad-hoc reporting as requested by Executive Director.
7. Administer and prepare annual budgets.
8. Oversee annual audits and prepare annual audit reports.
9. Report or present financial information, as required, to board, Executive Director, and program directors.
10. Oversee cash management, investment, and lending activities.
11. Oversee billing and accounts receivable - particularly state funding.
12. Ensure financial compliance with all federal and state regulations.
13. Planning & oversight of bingo operations
14. Be prepared to accept progressively increasing non-financial responsibilities over time.
15. Other duties as assigned by Executive Director
TO APPLY GO TO WWW.PARKLAWN.COM
PARK LAWN IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
About Park Lawn
Park Lawn is a not for profit social service agency which provides services to Intellectually/developmentally disabled individuals in the Chicago Southwest suburbs. We provide both day service and residential programs.