Connections for the Homeless is a rapidly growing homeless services agency powered by our vision of ending homelessness in North suburban Cook County. Headquartered in Evanston, Illinois, Connections began over 35 years ago as a shelter run entirely by volunteers and has expanded to serve more than 1,500 participants every year through Eviction Prevention, Shelter and Housing services. Employing our core values of equity and inclusion, community, transparency, generosity of spirit, and resilience, we work in partnership with our supporters and the people we serve to achieve our mission of serving and catalyzing our community to end homelessness, one person at a time.
Connections is currently searching for outstanding candidates, licensed to practice nursing in Illinois, to become our Health Program Manager/Nurse.
The Health Program Manager/Nurse manages the agency’s physical and mental health programming, and provides basic primary care services and medical case management for participants across Connections’ programs. This person reports to Director of Community Programs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Illinois licensure for Registered Professional Nurse required, Advanced Practice Nurse strongly preferred
• Minimum one (1) year experience as a Nurse required
• Experience working with persons who are experiencing homelessness, have mental illness, and/or have substance use disorders
• Understanding and adoption of harm reduction practices and trauma-informed care
• Current BLS certification
• Valid Illinois driver’s license
• Certified CPR instructor preferred
• Previous supervisory experience preferred
Additional Salary Information: Competitive salary and benefits plan, including Paid Time Off (PTO), paid holidays, health and dental insurance options, paid life insurance and short- and long-term disability coverage, as well as a 403(b) option.
About Connections for the Homeless
Connections serves and catalyzes our community to end homelessness, one person at a time. We do this through homelessness prevention, shelter, and housing programs. In 2018, Connections has served over 1,000 individuals through our services. Based in Evanston, Connections serves communities throughout north suburban Cook County. To learn more about our programs, please visit our website at www.connect2home.org.